YouTubers selling their LV and more via YouTube-thoughts?

i'm just surprised youtube doesn't want a cut of the profits for videos that offer items for sale. i'm sure that's coming... youtube is the new ebay? i do try to look for reviews on bags i have already decided i want to buy, but i don't care one iota about any of these women and what they do/don't do with their bags. i watch for the bag only and often mute the sound. you can just see some of them are buying bags to get views or subscribers or whatever... i'm sure many of them wish they could sell bags on youtube but they might be embarrassed by their bag errors and need to use yoogis and fashionphile the same way we do. i saw a bag listed on Fashionphile last week (it's still there) and it was hotstamped with a youtubers initials - the same person who had raved about/unboxed/reviewed the bag just 1 month earlier. i think they all sell their stuff off a lot.

I have watched tons of these type of videos, the most awful one I saw was just a couple of days ago... came upon a lady was showing her LV collection, oh my GOD... 1/3 into the video... most of them were obvious fakes!! if not all of them, I took off right there.

and it seems she thought they were authentic, gosh, so obviously fake.

i'm just surprised youtube doesn't want a cut of the profits for videos that offer items for sale. i'm sure that's coming... youtube is the new ebay? i do try to look for reviews on bags i have already decided i want to buy, but i don't care one iota about any of these women and what they do/don't do with their bags. i watch for the bag only and often mute the sound. you can just see some of them are buying bags to get views or subscribers or whatever... i'm sure many of them wish they could sell bags on youtube but they might be embarrassed by their bag errors and need to use yoogis and fashionphile the same way we do. i saw a bag listed on Fashionphile last week (it's still there) and it was hotstamped with a youtubers initials - the same person who had raved about/unboxed/reviewed the bag just 1 month earlier. i think they all sell their stuff off a lot.
I am going to take your good tip and watch the videos on "mute". I just want to see the bag, where the zips are , how tight or big the compartments are what sort of stuff fits inside. These days there seems to be a tendency of having to watch their life evolve throughout the day with what they have eaten, where they have been and what they have done before we get to see the bag. So i need to fast forward too. But i can see some people would enjoy those types of vlogging videos

What I don't like is one particular one that resells luggage tags at twice the price (she buys with intention of reselling) and there are a couple on Instagram that do the same. These people are making it hard for the rest of us to get our own tags that we want to keep because certain stores will no longer sell them at all.

I also hate that one Instagrammer is a huge reseller, buying up LE or an about to be discontinued item in multiples with intention to resell at a profit. It is making it hard for those who want these items to get them. I don't see how the SAs at their stores are allowing them to buy multiples when it is against LV policy. It is also a big no no to LV if they find out you resell at a profit from what I hear. You will get banned.

I am going to take your good tip and watch the videos on "mute". I just want to see the bag, where the zips are , how tight or big the compartments are what sort of stuff fits inside. These days there seems to be a tendency of having to watch their life evolve throughout the day with what they have eaten, where they have been and what they have done before we get to see the bag. So i need to fast forward too. But i can see some people would enjoy those types of vlogging videos

I watch the videos on mute also. I don't want to hear all the yakety yak. Just show me the bag. Zip it, unzip it, add your stuff, stand up and show me how large the bag is, etc.

Have never watched a youtube video about an LV item yet. I work on the principle that what works for one person may not work for me.

As for selling them, it's up to each individual. As with everything, buyers should exercise due caution if considering a purchase.

I don't know who the personalities are but it they are buying large quantities of limited items to resell for profit and you can't get hold of that particular item then you could always report them to LV.

Reactions: Bichita
YouTube is a business for a lot of people. They get paid for views and making videos they know people will like is all apart of business. I respect it, lol. They created a platform of people who value and follow what they say.

We all know LV won't be sending anyone any items to review like hair companies or different clothing boutiques. So they will buy it because of the hype the internet has created. And once they get it, use it a few times, post it various times on IG, they let it go and get the money back to buy the next best thing. It's all a business and they have some staple pieces that will forever stay in there collection and some piece were bought with the sole purpose of being temporary.

It's all a HUSTLE.... the YouTube/IG made me do it... HUSTLE.

Well, if they have too many returns they WILL get banned by LV, so they should do that with caution.

I always wonder if they remember to use a PO box for the return address. I would be afraid someone would try to come and rob me or something. Hopefully they know better than to use their home address...

YouTube is a business for a lot of people. They get paid for views and making videos they know people will like is all apart of business. I respect it, lol. They created a platform of people who value and follow what they say.

We all know LV won't be sending anyone any items to review like hair companies or different clothing boutiques. So they will buy it because of the hype the internet has created. And once they get it, use it a few times, post it various times on IG, they let it go and get the money back to buy the next best thing. It's all a business and they have some staple pieces that will forever stay in there collection and some piece were bought with the sole purpose of being temporary.

This is precisely why now, I don't bother to join the bandwagon and buy a bag that's just come out and a host of other you tubers have unveiled the same bag. Because as much as they can hype a bag to being the "it bag" the ultimate bag to have and perpetuate it to the outer stratosphere. The same you tubers who have become very influential, can also destroy the bag a few months or years down the line with whatever they want to say and before you know it the bag is classed as out dated, no longer relevant. A perfectly good functioning bag that they raved about has become a fad bag a non desirable which nobody wants. Conversely they'll have probably sold it off/ flipped it and made a profit when they raved about it. I would feel very mugged off to have believed their hype.

This is precisely why now, I don't bother to join the bandwagon and buy a bag that's just come out and a host of other you tubers have unveiled the same bag. Because as much as they can hype a bag to being the "it bag" the ultimate bag to have and perpetuate it to the outer stratosphere. The same you tubers who have become very influential, can also destroy the bag a few months or years down the line with whatever they want to say and before you know it the bag is classed as out dated, no longer relevant. A perfectly good functioning bag that they raved about has become a fad bag a non desirable which nobody wants. Conversely they'll have probably sold it off/ flipped it and made a profit when they raved about it. I would feel very mugged off to have believed their hype.

Definitely... and I agree. That's why I don't fall into the trap. But if I had a channel and platform like YOUTuBe. I probably would do it took (slaps hand) I know so bad. But I only buy what I like and want and what is beneficial to my needs and lifestyle, but not just to show someone or to say I have or got or had. My money ain't that long [emoji23][emoji23]

I'm sure most people sell via youtube because its a video visual of the item and plus they avoid paying high fees that places like ebay and fashionphile charge for selling that way the only loss is through the paypal fee.

And most don't pay PayPal fees because they sell with friends and family and if not they make the buyer add the fee to pay through PayPal goods and services.

that's a good point... LV isn't gifting the items, so they are likely outlaying some serious cash at LV to get their views/hits and etc. although they end up returned/sold. from various videos you can see that some companies do generously gift handbags (Dior, Mulberry, D&G, and Bvlgari, for example). never seen that with LV though

Reactions: iLuvBeauty
that's a good point... LV isn't gifting the items, so they are likely outlaying some serious cash at LV to get their views/hits and etc. although they end up returned/sold. from various videos you can see that some companies do generously gift handbags (Dior, Mulberry, D&G, and Bvlgari, for example). never seen that with LV though

Wow didn't know other brands like that were gifting items.... interesting. I was thinking maybe some up and coming boutiques and business.

I agree it just a different type of hustle. I really don't understand why anyone on this forum cares or LV cares if they buy 100 bags and sell them at a profit. LV made their money, and the person purchasing is more than likely aware but just wants that item. We are all adults we don't need a nanny state of LV policing what happens in the after market anymore than any other product that makes its way to the aftermarket.
I'm personally really thankful for all the YouTube/IG video/pics sometimes when I'm bored I just watch things on bags I know I will never really buy just to see what they are like inside ect...and once or twice actually bought a bag or two that otherwise I would have never had interest in.