Youtube, Instagram etc....

Aug 21, 2012
Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted but I have still have been looking at all of the goodies posted here! Anyways, I'm in the process of starting my YouTube & posting pictures on instagram. My question to those of you who do it is do you have separate accounts? I just don't know if it's a good idea to combine my personal life with my "Pinkcornbread" World if that makes sense. Hopefully someone can help me out. I've emailed a few of the Big Dogs on Insta & YouTube but figured they may never see it so I came here! Also, any advise on starting? I've already learned why watermarks on photos are so important! A lady on Poshmark was using my picture to sale an item![emoji15]

I would say: do what you like :smile:
But if you want some advice: I would make a personal account (which is private) and a "LVbag/accessories" account with the focus on the (e.g.) LV stuff only (so not your face etc). Just a thought :biggrin:

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted but I have still have been looking at all of the goodies posted here! Anyways, I'm in the process of starting my YouTube & posting pictures on instagram. My question to those of you who do it is do you have separate accounts? I just don't know if it's a good idea to combine my personal life with my "Pinkcornbread" World if that makes sense. Hopefully someone can help me out. I've emailed a few of the Big Dogs on Insta & YouTube but figured they may never see it so I came here! Also, any advise on starting? I've already learned why watermarks on photos are so important! A lady on Poshmark was using my picture to sale an item![emoji15]
I would personally create two separate accounts - one for your personal life and one for your "public" life - since gawd knows there's enough crazy people out there on Youtube and Instagram. The last thing you want them doing is infesting your personal and private sphere.
Although I don't have any experience with getting started, I do agree with you 100% on making sure to watermark pictures posted online. A year or two back I had one of my own pictures stolen off of the forum here and used by a scammer on eBay to dupe unsuspecting buyers. Repeatedly.

I would say: do what you like :smile:
But if you want some advice: I would make a personal account (which is private) and a "LVbag/accessories" account with the focus on the (e.g.) LV stuff only (so not your face etc). Just a thought :biggrin:

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it. I think you're right. My family already thinks my purchases are a bit much & I'm sure people in the luxury community could care less about what I'm eating or kids are doing! [emoji23]

I would personally create two separate accounts - one for your personal life and one for your "public" life - since gawd knows there's enough crazy people out there on Youtube and Instagram. The last thing you want them doing is infesting your personal and private sphere.
Although I don't have any experience with getting started, I do agree with you 100% on making sure to watermark pictures posted online. A year or two back I had one of my own pictures stolen off of the forum here and used by a scammer on eBay to dupe unsuspecting buyers. Repeatedly.

Ugh I know there are some really shady characters out there! Its so easy for them to use other people's pictures and even wording from others listings[emoji15]. I guess I'll stop being lazy & have 2 accounts[emoji849]! Another thing I don't understand is the really Big time people having Millions of followers and won't so much as respond back to a question let alone follow back! It's sad. I'm going to do this way differently! Thanks for responding[emoji12]

Ugh I know there are some really shady characters out there! Its so easy for them to use other people's pictures and even wording from others listings[emoji15]. I guess I'll stop being lazy & have 2 accounts[emoji849]! Another thing I don't understand is the really Big time people having Millions of followers and won't so much as respond back to a question let alone follow back! It's sad. I'm going to do this way differently! Thanks for responding[emoji12]
I don't think that it has anything to do with them not caring, but that their fan base is so large that it's impossible to keep up with the comments - in terms of responding at least, but they do often read them all - as well as tend to their own personal lives. One of the most important things about having your own channel is to be authentic and focused; the moment people get so full of themselves and begin acting like glorified divas is the minute I personally lose interest. Don't forget to check out some of the recent threads about pet peeves as well since there's a lot of good points and it can help to give you an idea of what viewers are looking for in reviews.

I don't think that it has anything to do with them not caring, but that their fan base is so large that it's impossible to keep up with the comments - in terms of responding at least, but they do often read them all - as well as tend to their own personal lives. One of the most important things about having your own channel is to be authentic and focused; the moment people get so full of themselves and begin acting like glorified divas is the minute I personally lose interest. Don't forget to check out some of the recent threads about pet peeves as well since there's a lot of good points and it can help to give you an idea of what viewers are looking for in reviews.

You are so right! I've seen some YouTubers completely loose the very thing that made me love them & change so much that I unsubscribed. Most of them are still fun to watch & learn from though. I do understand not being able to respond to everyone when there's millions of subscribers but I don't have to worry about that. I plan on just just having fun with it and not trying to make a living off of it. I will definitely look at thread about pet peeves! Thanks so much for your input-you've helped more than you know!