Your wisdom is needed...Ferragamo bag in sight

Jan 10, 2007
Hi guys! So I've been mulling it over, and I neither know nor care if it's passe, but I am intent on purchasing one of those Ferragamo knit/or crochet Gancio handbags. Last year it came in a cream fine crochet with cream snakaeskin trim and tortoise+bamboo trim (I think) with a lavender or lilac lining. Very pretty in a demure, casual way. That one might still be available for abt $900+ at the outlet. The newer version is an ecru chunky knit with basketweave trim, available at Neiman's for $1650. Now I have the Gucci resort handbag made of straw and the straps are braided with beautiful gold horsebit buckles...am worried the Ferragamos might be too similar as the Gucci bag. Either/or? Neither/nor? Ladies, may I present the handbags up for contention and let the voting begin.

shim.gif
shim.gif
shim.gif

gancio.jpg
function shimImage(img){img.src = "/store/catalog/images/shim.gif" }

Attachments

• Gucci resort handbag.jpg
    Gucci resort handbag.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 354
I like the Ferragamo (on the right). :yes:

I don't think it's too similar and even if it was, if you really like a certain type/colour of bag and use it a lot; what's wrong with buying a silmilar one, so you can ring the changes? :shrugs:

Better that, than to buy a different bag, just because it is different, if you know you don't like it as much.

BTW, I'm still really into knitwear. :biggrin:

For a knit bag I think that is too much money... only because it's not as durable as leather. The fabric could pull, and dirt can't be wiped off.

If you like the style there are plenty of cheaper knit bags out there that are just as cute.

Yeah, I know it's highly impractical. That's why I walked away from the cream Ferragamo(1st pic) initially. The thing with me though, NOT to be a bag snob or anything, I will buy inexpensive bags also if I like it. However I find myself not using it much, if at all, in the long run. It'll sit in my closet and that'll be the end of it :s . Plus I tend to keep the bags I value, which mostly are expensive to start with. The rest I just sell to a consignment store and boy are they ecstatic about that. I even tired of an Hermes Herbag after 2 years and out it went...only reason I bought it was I got frustrated from waiting around for a Birkin to become available!

OMG! Ferragamo at Costco! This is way too funny! Only because my husband is Mr. Frugal and always shops at Costco because he says they have the best deals ever. He also doesn't get my bag obsession(he calls me the bag lady, tee-hee)...hmm, maybe now he will validate my hobby since Costco has given it the seal of approval? HA!HA!HA! This is just too much! :roflmfao:

Thanks for that sassy5!

I have the bag on the right in navy blue, and perfect for warm weather. It's very lovely and I've gotten lots of compliments on it. A couple of the strings have pulled a little loose, but it's not really noticable. I love it and think that it does not resemble the Gucci bag, very different styling. It is a fairly sizeable bag.