Your thoughts on a guy carrying a mini pandora?

mmmilkman

Sep 13, 2006
I've been searching for a small cross body bag for quite a while, but can never find one that I love. Most men bags in this style are either too boring or too plain. Friends have suggested to check LV or Prada, but so many guys carry them already.

So I came across a mini pandora in black pepe leather and fell in love! Fits my LV Brazza wallet, iPhone, Blackberry, keys and small little items perfectly.

BUT the downside is my partner doesn't approve. He says I can getaway with my large black panda, but the mini just looks too much like a girl bag.

So your thoughts on a guy carrying a mini panda? I'm 5'9, 63kg, yoga build. Ill definitely carry this cross body.

I was contemplating on the mini as well after having the large version and I tried it on, not too bad. Really depends on the styling and if you can pull it off. Alot of fashion guys pull it off effortlessly while some looked as though they tried too hard - for eg: guy with LV speedy, not matter how cool you are, certain bags are just off limits. I rather have this than those small pouch light or flat slings bags from LV, Gucci or Prada which is much loved by people from mainland China

I have the obsedia messenger which could be a better choice

85A5C8E7-62E6-4312-B3B4-522FE9481B9E-739-0000008C94623806.jpg

I have the mini Pandora Pepe in Cobalt blue and i love it! i use it for running errands coz if i wear my medium pandy, i just end up putting so much stuff.. that way, my mini just fits the daily essentials.. shades, wallet, keys, fones, hand sanitizer and my ipod.. i like it coz when it'e filled up, it really opens up into the boxy shape.. which i love

mmmilkman said:
I've been searching for a small cross body bag for quite a while, but can never find one that I love. Most men bags in this style are either too boring or too plain. Friends have suggested to check LV or Prada, but so many guys carry them already.

So I came across a mini pandora in black pepe leather and fell in love! Fits my LV Brazza wallet, iPhone, Blackberry, keys and small little items perfectly.

BUT the downside is my partner doesn't approve. He says I can getaway with my large black panda, but the mini just looks too much like a girl bag.

So your thoughts on a guy carrying a mini panda? I'm 5'9, 63kg, yoga build. Ill definitely carry this cross body.

My friend has a small panda and it looks fine on him, he's also 5'9 and slim. I don't know how different of a size the mini is but I think if you think it looks good then go for it! I don't think it looks too much of a girl bag.

I was contemplating on the mini as well after having the large version and I tried it on, not too bad. Really depends on the styling and if you can pull it off. Alot of fashion guys pull it off effortlessly while some looked as though they tried too hard - for eg: guy with LV speedy, not matter how cool you are, certain bags are just off limits. I rather have this than those small pouch light or flat slings bags from LV, Gucci or Prada which is much loved by people from mainland China

I have the obsedia messenger which could be a better choice

I actually got hold of an Obsedia Messenger but I have to wait for the yearly sale before they can take it out of their storage facility. A bit excited. But my partner says the Obsedia looks like a girls bag also. Need to show it to him I person first. How's your bag so far? The bag being held for me is black pepe leather

I have the mini Pandora Pepe in Cobalt blue and i love it! i use it for running errands coz if i wear my medium pandy, i just end up putting so much stuff.. that way, my mini just fits the daily essentials.. shades, wallet, keys, fones, hand sanitizer and my ipod.. i like it coz when it'e filled up, it really opens up into the boxy shape.. which i love

That's what I want the bag for, for running errands. I hate walking around holding my LV wallet, with my phones and keys in my pockets (on days when I don't want to bring a bag).

I really can't stand all those LV and Gucci sling bags in Monogram. No personality at all. I was gifted a Prada nylon bag but it had a checkered pattern which in love. My student's parent gifted it to me for my bday and chose this style because basic black nylon was not me. She wanted something memorable. Lol.

My friend has a small panda and it looks fine on him, he's also 5'9 and slim. I don't know how different of a size the mini is but I think if you think it looks good then go for it! I don't think it looks too much of a girl bag.

I'm lean but not to slim since I workout. But I think it still looks proportional. I will take sample pics when I visit the store :smile:

I don't think it's a size suitable for a guy.. Partly because of its thin strap. Have you considered Balenciaga velo ?

I actually got hold of an Obsedia Messenger but I have to wait for the yearly sale before they can take it out of their storage facility. A bit excited. But my partner says the Obsedia looks like a girls bag also. Need to show it to him I person first. How's your bag so far? The bag being held for me is black pepe leather

it's gorgeous, absolutely useful and not too big.

Tell your partner, like it or not...all these bags are made for GIRLS...it's just which bag is better suited for men...thats all. As long as you don't look like those guys trying to pull off a speedy 25 or 30.
No offence to them...they are very happy with their bags but alot of bags arent meant for guys.

That's what I want the bag for, for running errands. I hate walking around holding my LV wallet, with my phones and keys in my pockets (on days when I don't want to bring a bag).

I really can't stand all those LV and Gucci sling bags in Monogram. No personality at all. I was gifted a Prada nylon bag but it had a checkered pattern which in love. My student's parent gifted it to me for my bday and chose this style because basic black nylon was not me. She wanted something memorable. Lol.

My rule on bags is: if you like a bag, then you gotta make it work for you. i'm a pretty big guy and i know a mini Pandy is a bit out of proportion, but then again, i don't like the hassle of a bigger bag during everyday errands. I get a ton of use out of it and i get a lot of compliments on it. So i guess it works. go see for yourself if you're comfortable with it.. try it out. and if you do, then go. but if you don't, you can always return it.

Hey you!

Hmm, I'm going to wait until I see a mod pic of you with one or both bags. I've owned (but sold) the mini and while it definitely makes sense for running around. Yeah, take pics so we can all enable you :P

Thanks for all the input! I'm heading to the store tomorrow to take a mod pic (been really busy with work) lol

But yes purpose of this bag is to do errands so bringing just essentials. Pic coming soon!.