Your stylist...Male or Female?

acegirl

Apr 27, 2006
Just moved to another state & with all that goes with it, I'm probably the most nervous about finding a new salon & stylist.

I just made an appt. with an Aveda salon here in town (at the recommendation of a friend..) Now, I'm being highlighted by one stylist & getting a cut by another, new to me also. For the first time in my life, I'm having a male stylist cut my hair. Which brought me to wonder~ who do you all have?!

Oh my hair person is a whacky woman! She's in her 50's and probably on every prescription med there is - prozac, xantax, adavan, you name it. That woman is so good at what she does, she's never given me a bad haircut in the 5 years I've gone to her. She has more knowledge of cuts, what she needs to do and better ways to do it than any of the other hundreds of people I've been to. She's the bomb and I'll follow her to the ends of the earth - no matter what salon....

In the last 15 years, I've had two male stylists. From observation around the salon, I find the men less chatty (I hate small talk). I switched to my new guy this year because I wanted someone who was more up on the trends, but both have been very skilled and obsessively attentive to detail.

I have a female, but some of the best stylists I've had have been men! Right now though I'm praying that my stylist doesn't go anywhere, I don't trust anybody else with my hair but her.