Your Real vs Her fake...

I might be rude to someone who knew her bag was fake and gave me crap for spending money on the real deal, but I would never be rude to someone with a fake unless they were giving me a reason to. I think that a lot of women either genuinely think their bag is authentic or don't even know what Balenciaga is and just bought it because they liked the style.

I agree, Cheshire :yes:

i don't really mind if someone else's bag is fake for all the reasons above -- ie they might not know etc -- but what gets me upset is when people know they have fake bals and try to pass them off as real and insist that they are!!! :cursing:

well not that I have ever experienced such a thing, where I live I rarley ever see any bbag - be it real or fake, but I think I would always be careful in being condescending because I will always think maybe the person is just naive and does not know hers is a fake, why should I be rude then to her?

I bought a fake bbag once too without knowing it (at that time I only did love the bbag style but was not familar how to spot a fake) and paid 500 dollars for it on ebay :Push:
not every women that wears a fake bbag is automatically knowing she does, so I would never say something rude or condescending!

I totally agree with you :tup:

I had a funny story... I was waiting for the bus, and this girl was standing with her friend a couple of feet away from me. I noticed she was carrying a (fake) balenciaga and gave her a smile. She gave me the once over, and said really loudly to her friend "check out that girl and her fake balenciaga!"

... yes... i had a very nice long laugh about that.

^now THAT'S rude :lol:

good for you for not saying anything back, though. it's always best to be the bigger person and just shrug it off :yes:

but yeah, that's really rude... even if your bag was fake and her's was authentic it would still have been rude. people just shouldnt speak like that to strangers.

This happened to me last month at Teaism (in D.C.) I had my Rouge Vif city bag and a girl walked in with a very fake plastic looking "giant hardware" bag. She was staring at my bag the whole time. I wasn't sure if she thought mine was a fake (since it was a RH bag) or whether she was just checking out what they should look like.

I hate fake bags .....

Oh! Sooo tempting...

:yes: When I think about it, it still gets me on my nerve :boxing: but I try not to think about it otherwise it will drive me crazy!
She does not know then what is the true love of Bbags!:woohoo:

Yikes! I feel for you Aki.. some of you know of my dilemma when youngest DD bought me a fakey Money wallet for Christmas..It is hard to tell when and when NOT to point out the truth..

Ugh! Sticky situation there Quilter~
It is indeed hard~as you really don't want to tell her but in the same time not using it, means you are not appreciating it!:Push:

Sorry, no interesting stories to share....although I feel for you gals I really don´t care, and I would never be unpolite to a person carrying a fake bag....they might not know what brand it is or bought it thinking it was real!

Kat

Kat, what I meant with this thread is, what did/do you do when you are faced with a situation that the person owning the fake, IS the one giving you attitude! :boxing:

I am with you all the way that I would never be impolite to person carrying fake..I would care less~:jammin:
What can't I stand is when they are the one who gives me attitude!:boxing:

This happened to me last month at Teaism (in D.C.) I had my Rouge Vif city bag and a girl walked in with a very fake plastic looking "giant hardware" bag. She was staring at my bag the whole time. I wasn't sure if she thought mine was a fake (since it was a RH bag) or whether she was just checking out what they should look like.

I hate fake bags .....

I bet, at the end, she concludes that hers is the real one!:lol:

I had a funny story... I was waiting for the bus, and this girl was standing with her friend a couple of feet away from me. I noticed she was carrying a (fake) balenciaga and gave her a smile. She gave me the once over, and said really loudly to her friend "check out that girl and her fake balenciaga!"

... yes... i had a very nice long laugh about that.

:wtf: what a bit**h!!

Good on you dahodill84 to not say anything! It shows you are a bigger person and don't degrade yourself by going down her class!!!
I admire you! :woohoo:

If I were you, I will probably say something like: "Get a life" :angel:

The one I always remember though is one time, in a lift at work, I was carrying my city, and this Asian girl (I am also Asian) came in and straight away glanced at my bag..

She then remarked: Oh wauww! We have the same bag!...:wtf: :sweatdrop:

:roflmfao::roflmfao: It's pretty insulting since I know hers is fake! However the audacity and spontaneous combustion of her is just priceless!!!

I was so tempted to be a bitc*h and say: No dear, yours is fake! :P

but I don`t understand how she was insulting to you? ^_^

she was maybe really only naive and did not know hers is a fake and was genuinly friendly and thought: cool another gal with my bag!!

or do I miss something here, why did she insult you so much with her remark? :confused1:
or was the look she gave you while she was saying it unfriendly or rude?

I would only be insulted if the person definitly knows she wears a fake and pretends something or says something rude to me...

but I don`t understand how she was insulting to you? ^_^

she was maybe really only naive and did not know hers is a fake and was genuinly friendly and thought: cool another gal with my bag!!

or do I miss something here, why did she insult you so much with her remark? :confused1:
or was the look she gave you while she was saying it unfriendly or rude?

I would only be insulted if the person definitly knows she wears a fake and pretends something or says something rude to me...

Now that I think about it again, you are right! :shame:
Perhaps she was really naive not knowing her bag is fake!

In my head, it is insulting because I know hers is fake and mine is authentic and how could she think we have the same bag!!! :roflmfao:

She seems like a nice girl as she was genuinely excited when she said it!

The cheek!!!:P

As opposed to your post, she did not insult me "so much" :smile: (as I did not write, she insulted me "so much")