Your New Dooney: A mini reveal thread!

Hello ladies! :wave:
My name is Ludmilla, I am a purse addict and long time lurker on this subforum.
Two years ago I fell in love with the Flo Satchel, but D&B is not available in my country. I thought that I would never own that bag. Yes, there is internet shopping, but somehow I never pulled the trigger and kept drooling over tpf pics and youtube videos. :drool:
Fast forward to last Wednesday. There was a surprise box in the mail. From really really kind and dear friends in the US (who happen to know about my Flo crush). In this box sat my dream bag as a thank-you-gift. :eek:

image.jpg
image.jpg
The leather is so smooth and silky. I am completely over the moon with her and I still cannot believe that she is mine. I am a lucky girl. :hbeat:

Two years ago I fell in love with the Flo Satchel, but D&B is not available in my country. I thought that I would never own that bag. Yes, there is internet shopping, but somehow I never pulled the trigger and kept drooling over tpf pics and youtube videos. :drool:
Fast forward to last Wednesday. There was a surprise box in the mail. From really really kind and dear friends in the US (who happen to know about my Flo crush). In this box sat my dream bag as a thank-you-gift. :eek:

View attachment 3676126
View attachment 3676127
The leather is so smooth and silky. I am completely over the moon with her and I still cannot believe that she is mine. I am a lucky girl. :hbeat:
Welcome!!! And what wonderful friends!!! Your bag is divine, so beautiful!!!!!

View attachment 3676126
View attachment 3676127
Welcome Ludmilla!:wave:
What a beautiful debut for your first post in this forum! I can feel your excitement and I'm so excited for you! We know what it's like to long for a bag and to finally receive it. Your friends are very nice to give you such a beautiful and thoughtful gift. And if it's a thank you gift it sounds like you are a wonderful friend to them to!:smile:
I hope you love carrying Ms. Flo for many years!

View attachment 3676126
View attachment 3676127
Congratulations. Enjoy your new treasure. The natural Florentine Satchel is a beauty and your friends are so thoughtful to get you the handbag and the matching wallet.
Natural Florentine leather can be a little delicate. It can pick up color transfer from rubbing against clothing and can develop stains from rain or other liquids. If you search the forum you will find the experiences of others as well as information on how some of the ladies pre-treat their Florentine handbags to minimize problems. I can't recommend you do or don't pre-treat... there are plusses and minuses....but at least you will be informed and can make your own choice.
Personally, I don't pretreat, but I baby my natural Flo. I hand carry, so it doesn't rub against clothing. And I never take it out in the rain.

View attachment 3676126
View attachment 3676127
Absolutely beautiful! Congrats and enjoy your new bag.

Welcome!!! And what wonderful friends!!! Your bag is divine, so beautiful!!!!!
Thank you so much for the bag love! Yes, they are wonderful friends. I am lucky to know them. :smile:
Welcome Ludmilla!:wave:
What a beautiful debut for your first post in this forum! I can feel your excitement and I'm so excited for you! We know what it's like to long for a bag and to finally receive it. Your friends are very nice to give you such a beautiful and thoughtful gift. And if it's a thank you gift it sounds like you are a wonderful friend to them to!:smile:
I hope you love carrying Ms. Flo for many years!
Thank you so much for the welcome and for sharing my excitement. I have to stare at Flo several times a day, because I cannot believe that she is really here with me. :blush:
Congratulations. Enjoy your new treasure. The natural Florentine Satchel is a beauty and your friends are so thoughtful to get you the handbag and the matching wallet.
Natural Florentine leather can be a little delicate. It can pick up color transfer from rubbing against clothing and can develop stains from rain or other liquids. If you search the forum you will find the experiences of others as well as information on how some of the ladies pre-treat their Florentine handbags to minimize problems. I can't recommend you do or don't pre-treat... there are plusses and minuses....but at least you will be informed and can make your own choice.
Personally, I don't pretreat, but I baby my natural Flo. I hand carry, so it doesn't rub against clothing. And I never take it out in the rain.
Thank you so much for your wonderful infos! :flowers: I am going to search the forum for more.
I have other bags of other brands with natural tanned leather and I treat them with Collonil gel. Probably, I will give Flo a layer of it. But, before that I will follow your advice and read more about Flo leather care. :smartass: For now she has to stay at home as we have very unpredictable weather at the moment. We need to wait for a sunny day to do our first outing. :smile:

Reactions: RuedeNesle

View attachment 3676126
View attachment 3676127
Beautiful bag! I didn't pretreat my natural flo but I do keep a plastic bag inside in case it rains.

Ludmilla: Welcome to the Dooney family! Your story almost made me cry. I know what it is like to want something for a long time and it always seems too far to reach. Your friends picked a beautiful satchel for you...the leather is stunning. I hope your sunny day comes soon. When you carry this bag you will always think of your friends. That makes it even more special. Enjoy!

View attachment 3676126
View attachment 3676127
Congratulations! What a lovely story and what sweet friends you have. That is one stunning bag - an it goes with everything! [emoji41]
I know you will enjoy her for many years.
Welcome!

IMG_20170421_230034488.jpg This is my first post in the D&B threads and my first Dooney in a very long time. My brother and his fiancee got this for me for cheering them on while they ran for Alex's Lemonade Stand charity at the Disney Vader challenge this weekend in Orlando. I had no idea D&B did exclusive pieces like this, but I love it! Thanks for letting me share [emoji4]

View attachment 3676126
View attachment 3676127
Welcome Ludmilla! This a gorgeous bag and wallet. I can understand why you would be so thrilled. Anyone would be. You have lovely and thoughtful friends to give such a beautiful gift. I am certain you will cherish it for many years to come. ENJOY!