Your Hermès Bags and its Geographical Influence

hermesgeek

May 3, 2020
I’ve lived, traveled, and currently still split my time between different cities and countries. While I’ve been doing such for most of my life, I’ve noticed I tend to reach for particular types and models of Hermès bags depending on the city/country I’m in.

I’ll list the city/country that I live in/split my time/travel to most times and the type of Hermès bag I usually reach for when in that place. I hope you’ll find this thread interesting and share yours too!

Los Angeles - Birkin (and most times in a pop of color like Bougainvillea or Lime especially during the summer and spring)

San Francisco - Birkin

Lake Tahoe - Berline

New York - Kelly in neutral colors (gold, etoupe, noir)

Hamptons - Garden Party (in gold, only one I have) and sometimes Herbag

Aspen - Birkin

Paris - Kelly in neutral colors and Lindy but rarely do I wear Hermès bags in Paris

Saint Tropez - Birkin

London - Kelly in a neutral color

Monaco - Kelly in noir box leather or some pop of color

Düsseldorf - Kelly in a neutral color

Saint Moritz - Birkin in a neutral

Lake Como - Kelly in a pop of color

Sydney - Birkin

Hong Kong - Lindy or Jypsiere

Bangkok - Birkin in pop of color

Manila - Birkin or Kelly

Tokyo - Birkin or Kelly

Would love to know yours if you’re willing to share:smile: thank you!

I’ll play, but is it ok if I also make it a fantasy packing/shopping list for some upcoming trips as well as what I generally reach for? :smile:

Melbourne (home) - whatever I feel like on the day!

Sydney - Birkin

Paris - vintage retourné Kelly with a nice slouch or patina depending on the leather

NYC - Bolide 31 or maybe Birkin, or K retourné, neutrals

LA (and therefore also SF since I’d be unlikely to go to SF without combining it with a trip to LA) - Birkin or maybe Halzan, light/bright neutrals

HK - Kelly sellier or Bolide 25 in a bright colour

Tokyo - I feel like I need a vintage K32 sellier in gold or étoupe, in an interesting leather, for this!

Any beachy resort - no H bag for day; Zipengo inside YSL raffia tote (or Mark Cross woven straw bag), Neobain pouch for beach essentials, maybe Cinhetic clutch in magnolia for evening

All cities - Kelly Cut for evening, packs so easily!

Interesting thread but can you add why you choose a certain bag for a certain city?
Sure! Here goes:

Los Angeles - Birkin (and most times in a pop of color like Bougainvillea or Lime especially during the summer and spring) - I go out and about in cars so I don’t mind the weight. I mostly live here throughout the year and I dress very casually and a lot of athleisure wear so I think the Birkin as a tote it is goes well with my life here. I think LA is a place where I can get away with wearing a pop of color whichever time of the year too so I don’t shy away from carrying big bright bags.

San Francisco - Birkin - I visit predominantly in a professional setting so I need a lot of space. Also I travel by car so carrying a full Birkin with all the things I need isn’t so bad.

Lake Tahoe - Berline - spend mostly winters and sometimes summers here and the berline (especially mine in Craie) is a great under the radar crossbody or shoulder bag that comfortably goes over my snow jackets/coats.

New York - Kelly in neutral colors (gold, etoupe, noir) - used to lived full time in UES now I just visit and I like the fact the Kelly has more security and the option for shoulder strap when I choose to walk. Also, I’m more dressed up here than I am dressed down - more lady-like if you will and the Kelly does its job best!

Hamptons - Garden Party (in gold, only one I have) and sometimes Herbag - both are the perfect summer/country bags

Aspen - Birkin - love a tote to carry all products and paraphernalia I need when skiing. The handle of a birkin 35 is also perfect for thick coats.

Paris - Kelly in neutral colors and Lindy but rarely do I wear Hermès bags in Paris - wear my effortlessly chic aesthetic in paris and the Kelly is the cherry on top

Saint Tropez - Birkin - love a bright tote to complement my bright sun dresses!

London - Kelly in a neutral color - very similar reason with New York

Monaco - Kelly in noir box leather or some pop of color - it’s like half and half with Paris and Saint Tropez

Düsseldorf - Kelly in a neutral color - similar to London and New York

Saint Moritz - Birkin in a neutral - just like Aspen

Lake Como - Kelly in a pop of color - love the security and shoulder strap of a kelly while walking around. The the pop of color goes well with the vibrant backdrop of Lake Como. Also I wear dressier sun dresses here mostly in cream or white too

Sydney - Birkin just like LA

Hong Kong - Lindy or Jypsiere - travel by cars too but I loveee public transportation and walking all day, the lindy proves to be the most comfortable and spacious to lug around all day.

Bangkok - Birkin in pop of color - very casual but chic and tropical outfits so the tote does it best!

Manila - Birkin or Kelly - it’s like half New York half LA

Tokyo - Birkin or Kelly - kinda like new york and LA too!

Sure! Here goes:

Los Angeles - Birkin (and most times in a pop of color like Bougainvillea or Lime especially during the summer and spring) - I go out and about in cars so I don’t mind the weight. I mostly live here throughout the year and I dress very casually and a lot of athleisure wear so I think the Birkin as a tote it is goes well with my life here. I think LA is a place where I can get away with wearing a pop of color whichever time of the year too so I don’t shy away from carrying big bright bags.

San Francisco - Birkin - I visit predominantly in a professional setting so I need a lot of space. Also I travel by car so carrying a full Birkin with all the things I need isn’t so bad.

Lake Tahoe - Berline - spend mostly winters and sometimes summers here and the berline (especially mine in Craie) is a great under the radar crossbody or shoulder bag that comfortably goes over my snow jackets/coats.

New York - Kelly in neutral colors (gold, etoupe, noir) - used to lived full time in UES now I just visit and I like the fact the Kelly has more security and the option for shoulder strap when I choose to walk. Also, I’m more dressed up here than I am dressed down - more lady-like if you will and the Kelly does its job best!

Hamptons - Garden Party (in gold, only one I have) and sometimes Herbag - both are the perfect summer/country bags

Aspen - Birkin - love a tote to carry all products and paraphernalia I need when skiing. The handle of a birkin 35 is also perfect for thick coats.

Paris - Kelly in neutral colors and Lindy but rarely do I wear Hermès bags in Paris - wear my effortlessly chic aesthetic in paris and the Kelly is the cherry on top

Saint Tropez - Birkin - love a bright tote to complement my bright sun dresses!

London - Kelly in a neutral color - very similar reason with New York

Monaco - Kelly in noir box leather or some pop of color - it’s like half and half with Paris and Saint Tropez

Düsseldorf - Kelly in a neutral color - similar to London and New York

Saint Moritz - Birkin in a neutral - just like Aspen

Lake Como - Kelly in a pop of color - love the security and shoulder strap of a kelly while walking around. The the pop of color goes well with the vibrant backdrop of Lake Como. Also I wear dressier sun dresses here mostly in cream or white too

Sydney - Birkin just like LA

Hong Kong - Lindy or Jypsiere - travel by cars too but I loveee public transportation and walking all day, the lindy proves to be the most comfortable and spacious to lug around all day.

Bangkok - Birkin in pop of color - very casual but chic and tropical outfits so the tote does it best!

Manila - Birkin or Kelly - it’s like half New York half LA

Tokyo - Birkin or Kelly - kinda like new york and LA too!
Wow that is so interesting and comprehensive and really makes sense!
I love how well thought out your choices are what to wear in each location and why.