Your help please! Dior said FedEx lost my new, discontinued Lady Dior ( long story)

My dear all,

Today is the day that I stopped worrying about my favourite LD being lost and it is the day that it's confirmed to be lost. Attached a photo for you. IMG_20210717_173132_1~2.jpgVery sad... now I've only have the card the lovely SA wished me 'a great adventure with the Lady Dior' and the strap.

Anyway, before I respond to the message I received from Harrods' Baby Dior manager, I'd really love your opinion on this please.
Screenshot_20230909-005442.png
I was sad to receive this but strangely I was not that surprised. I was nervous when I sent the bag back the second time. I had been worried that something might happen to it without knowing why the whole time. When I saw this bag on realreal few months ago I was seriously considering buying it. But then I thought, don't be silly, it'll be fine. That bag was sold soon so I lost my chance.

Anyway, here's a bit of background.
I talked about this specific bag previously in Dior chat threads and posted pictures. I bought a Nano Lady Dior from Harrods Baby Dior just when they discontinued the size back in 2021. I bought the last one which was a display. It cost £2800. The size is in between today's mini and micro.

The bag had a lot of heavy scratches around the hardware and the strap was worn (see old threads). Harrods sent it back to Dior few days later and after many months (nearly a year I think) it finally returned but the oval rings were the only parts unreplaced. I contacted the original SA and she suggested I wait until the parts arrived so I won't be without it for a long time like the first time round. She never got back to me about the parts. Until early this year through an accessory SA, I realised that the original Baby Dior SA had left.

The Baby Dior manager then took over my case. In April this year when I handed the bag to her she said that it's a well sought bag that many people are trying to get hold of it. I guess she meant the nano model, not necessarily the specific bag I have. I asked if she knows how long it'll be this time. She suggested I keep chase them up because they will act based on these chase-ups. I don't like chasing people but I tried to given her suggestion.

On 17 May 2023 I sent her a message asking the status and she said will update.

On 10 July I sent her a message asking if she could send Dior a friendly nudge. She responded two days later saying that the status says 'processing'. Good news I thought.

Today, 8 Sept, I sent a message to the manager just hoping that she's well and enjoying the nice weather. I didn't ask about the bag.

Then she delivered this sad news to me as you can see in the text.

There are some questions in my head: when did they find out? Is it a confidence that they just realised this today only after my message was sent at 5.22pm? Were there other bags that are lost in the package or just mine?

At this point, even if I'm given a full refund (£2800 in 2021), I can't buy a mini LD that has a sensible size where I can put my phone and essentials in.

These are my thoughts so far:
1. Ask if they have other older Nano models in stock, which can be a replacement if I find one that I like
2. Ask for a credit or refund of a mini LD.

I'd really love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Thank you so much for your patience reading my long post. :smile:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: jjgg and papertiger
You are entitled to exactly what they offered, credit or the original retail amount refunded, period. There's no need to wonder or speculate further with mental games. Stuff gets lost; it indicates nothing more than unfortunate luck.

Take the offer and move on. It's a shame to have this disappointment, of course.

Last edited:
My dear all,

Today is the day that I stopped worrying about my favourite LD being lost and it is the day that it's confirmed to be lost. Attached a photo for you. View attachment 5854863Very sad... now I've only have the card the lovely SA wished me 'a great adventure with the Lady Dior' and the strap.

Anyway, before I respond to the message I received from Harrods' Baby Dior manager, I'd really love your opinion on this please.
View attachment 5854862
I was sad to receive this but strangely I was not that surprised. I was nervous when I sent the bag back the second time. I had been worried that something might happen to it without knowing why the whole time. When I saw this bag on realreal few months ago I was seriously considering buying it. But then I thought, don't be silly, it'll be fine. That bag was sold soon so I lost my chance.

I talked about this specific bag previously in Dior chat threads and posted pictures. I bought a Nano Lady Dior from Harrods Baby Dior just when they discontinued the size back in 2021. I bought the last one which was a display. It cost £2800. The size is in between today's mini and micro.

The bag had a lot of heavy scratches around the hardware and the strap was worn (see old threads). Harrods sent it back to Dior few days later and after many months (nearly a year I think) it finally returned but the oval rings were the only parts unreplaced. I contacted the original SA and she suggested I wait until the parts arrived so I won't be without it for a long time like the first time round. She never got back to me about the parts. Until early this year through an accessory SA, I realised that the original Baby Dior SA had left.

The Baby Dior manager then took over my case. In April this year when I handed the bag to her she said that it's a well sought bag that many people are trying to get hold of it. I guess she meant the nano model, not necessarily the specific bag I have. I asked if she knows how long it'll be this time. She suggested I keep chase them up because they will act based on these chase-ups. I don't like chasing people but I tried to given her suggestion.

On 10 July I sent her a message asking if she could send Dior a friendly nudge. She responded two days later saying that the status says 'processing'. Good news I thought.

Today, 8 Sept, I sent a message to the manager just hoping that she's well and enjoying the nice weather. I didn't ask about the bag.

There are some questions in my head: when did they find out? Is it a confidence that they just realised this today only after my message was sent at 5.22pm? Were there other bags that are lost in the package or just mine?

At this point, even if I'm given a full refund (£2800 in 2021), I can't buy a mini LD that has a sensible size where I can put my phone and essentials in.

1. Ask if they have other older Nano models in stock, which can be a replacement if I find one that I like

Sorry this happened to you. Ask for a replacement if you still like this size of the Lady Dior. If they don't have one, then ask for a refund.

My dear all,

Today is the day that I stopped worrying about my favourite LD being lost and it is the day that it's confirmed to be lost. Attached a photo for you. View attachment 5854863Very sad... now I've only have the card the lovely SA wished me 'a great adventure with the Lady Dior' and the strap.

View attachment 5854862

Sorry this happened.

Agreeing with everyone and you. See if they have replacement, if not, ask for a refund.

Reactions: lill_canele
You are entitled to exactly what they offered, credit or the original retail amount refunded, period. There's no need to wonder or speculate further with mental games. Stuff gets lost; it indicates nothing more than unfortunate luck.

Take the offer and move on. It's a shame to have this disappointment, of course.

Sorry this happened to you. Ask for a replacement if you still like this size of the Lady Dior. If they don't have one, then ask for a refund.

Sorry this happened.

Agreeing with everyone and you. See if they have replacement, if not, ask for a refund.
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! Hopefully they do have the replacement option. :smile: will update here.