Scarves Your Grail Scarf

Hello all!! Yesterday I found my grail scarf (Les Girafes CSGM) on the pre-loved market. I am so excited! The only issue is that it was disclosed to have perfume odor. Do any of you have hints on how to remove the scent? I don't have it in my possession yet, so I am not sure how bad it is.

I am not sure how many of you will remember a couple of years ago when April the Giraffe became a star by giving birth on You Tube, but I fell in love with giraffes during that time. I found this design during that time, and have been on the hunt since then.

Here is a pic for eye candy:

View attachment 4184328
Congratulations! I love giraffes, too. Enough for a "French kiss"!1461608502370.jpg.jpg

I don't know if I fit in this particular thread, as I didn't know I had a holy grail scarf until I found her last night but I do and I have so many questions. I never even considered myself in the realm of Hermes scarves yet but this one struck a chord I that I still can't wrap my mind around. She's a Turbans de Reines 90 by Michele Szabo from the Year of Africa Collection. I plan to frame her rather than wear her, there's just so much I want to know about this piece. I don't know where to begin. Can any of you experts give me some insight about the Year of Africa collection ('97) and the artist Michele Szabo? As far as I know this is his only piece for Hermes. I can't find much of any history about this particular scarf and I'm dying to know more!
I hope someone helps you on this , I’m not familiar .
Seton is a fund of knowledge, maybe ask her ?

Reactions: Julide
In light of some members' patience and long waits for their grail scarves, I feel a little abashed by what I'm about to post. I think I had some beginner collector's luck with my newest treasures. That being said, I'm just in awe of what showed up at my doorstep over the last two weeks...

After years of looking and pining for a plisse that felt "right" for me, I stumbled on two that I loved. After getting the blessing to go ahead from @sdsurfchick, I pulled the trigger on the first one. (BTW, can I just interject that I'm just floored by the generosity and willingness to volunteer time to help forum members??)

The first was the Mt St Michel, which was on the bay as a Buy it Now option.
IMG_20180912_204916686.jpg
IMG_20180912_204958682.jpg
The second scarf was another plisse - a pink Kachina - which was an auction. I was thrilled to win it.
IMG_20180912_204837909.jpg IMG_20180912_205006561.jpg
The last, which I received today, was a bit of a gamble because the pictures on the resale site were rather terrible. The listing also said the scarf was damaged with a pinhole. But because the seller accepted returns, I took a chance and bought it for a really good price. It's beautiful. There is a tiny pin hole, but you have to look for it very carefully with the scarf back lit. It's virtually undetectable. Here's the third grail: IMG_20180912_205149300.jpg IMG_20180912_205232679.jpg
:nuts:

Now I'm officially on a scarf diet until the new year. I hereby promise my budget that I will only cheat if I find a Voyage de Pytheas, a FaSdV, or Jardins Andalousie... :giggle: (I am slightly obsessed with Aline Honore)

Last edited:
In light of some members' patience and long waits for their grail scarves, I feel a little abashed by what I'm about to post. I think I had some beginner collector's luck with my newest treasures. That being said, I'm just in awe of what showed up at my doorstep over the last two weeks...

After years of looking and pining for a plisse that felt "right" for me, I stumbled on two that I loved. After getting the blessing to go ahead from @sdsurfchick, I pulled the trigger on the first one. (BTW, can I just interject that I'm just floored by the generosity and willingness to volunteer time to help forum members??)

View attachment 4191259
View attachment 4191260
The second scarf was another plisse - a pink Kachina - which was an auction. I was thrilled to win it.
View attachment 4191261 View attachment 4191263
The last, which I received today, was a bit of a gamble because the pictures on the resale site were rather terrible. The listing also said the scarf was damaged with a pinhole. But because the seller accepted returns, I took a chance and bought it for a really good price. It's beautiful. There is a tiny pin hole, but you have to look for it very carefully with the scarf back lit. It's virtually undetectable. Here's the third grail: View attachment 4191256 View attachment 4191258

Now I'm officially on a scarf diet until the new year. I hereby promise my budget that I will only cheat if I find a Voyage de Pytheas, a FaSdV, or Jardins Andalousie... :giggle: (I am slightly obsessed with Aline Honore)

Don’t let that diet stop you from an occasional splurge, you’ve found some great pieces and more to come !
ESP like the Kachinas plisse, I had a blue one but it looked dark and dull when tied whereas your pink is a jewel.
Plisses are great , and some bargains to be had .

View attachment 4191259
View attachment 4191260
The last, which I received today, was a bit of a gamble because the pictures on the resale site were rather terrible. The listing also said the scarf was damaged with a pinhole. But because the seller accepted returns, I took a chance and bought it for a really good price. It's beautiful. There is a tiny pin hole, but you have to look for it very carefully with the scarf back lit. It's virtually undetectable. Here's the third grail: View attachment 4191256 View attachment 4191258

Congratulations -they are all so beautiful! [emoji173]️

Reactions: FugitiveRouge

View attachment 4191259
View attachment 4191260

Those are some wonderful scarves! Congrats!

View attachment 4191259
View attachment 4191260

Congrats!!