Your First Mulberry ?

What: Choc tooled bays
When: April 2006
Why: Because I couldn't stop looking at this classic design!!
Still have it?: Of course! She's still my favorite bag and I love her so much!!!!!

What: Mitzy Hobo in Oak
When: August 2009
Why: I was never into designer bags, but I saw it in a shop and fell in love with it. Had to think about the price for a week, but went back and bought it.
Still have it? Yes and I use it on a daily basis

what: ocean blue regular mabel
when: dec 2008
why: adored the vibrant colour and didn't have a proper bag. Only had an old gym bag!!!
Still have it: yes and i still love it to bits despite now owning a massive herd of mulberrys..still have the gym bag too.

What? Small fushia mabel

When? Dec 2009

Why? I have loved Mulberry bags ever since I was a teenager. I used to admire them in the Army and Navy store and think, one day a Mulberry bag will be mine. Roll on ten years and now living near to York Outlet, spied the lovely little fushia mabel for £118. Had wanted a bigger Mabel but DH said we didn't have the money at the moment. When we spied the little Mabel which was affordable, DH bought it for me for my birthday with the promise of some more to come in the future.

Do you still have it? Yes I think I will always keep her, such a nice little size and the fushia is a gorgeous colour, which goes with so many things. Will be able to use her in summer and winter.

Last edited:
What? Ocean blue regular Mabel
When? July 2009
Why? I'm generally a one handbag woman until I fall in love with the next one. I had my trusty Fat Face (surf type breed) chocolate leather handbag which went everywhere with me for a couple of years. Then I took it to see Take That at an outdoor concert last summer. There was thunder, lightning and a monsoon and poor Fat Face never recovered, still has white water marks to this day. So I looked for a new bag on Ebay and saw a gorgeous denim Mabel at a buy it now price. Whilst I was dithering and canvassing for an opinion amongst my friends on whether to buy or not (universal opinion - you are crackers to spend that much on a bag, I could have a holiday for that etc etc. I need new friends!) I think it was Kriscat that got in there before me and bought the denim Mabel. And by then I really wanted it! So I stalked Ebay and a couple of weeks later the Ocean blue appeared and it was mine - no dithering. I want it and I want it now!
Do you still have it? Absolutely, it's used every day in all weathers and so far is bearing up well. It hadn't been used at all when I got it and now softening up nicely. Love it and don't begrudge a penny it cost me.

My first Mulberry was chocolate Phoebe

I bought it from Liberty because it was :love:

Still have it and I think it is really gorgeous bag - the leather, craftmanship and hardware all are just perfect.