Your favorite things about Mulberry?

Olivia in NY

Jul 19, 2010
Hi, I have been lurking for a while. Joined The Purse Forum today.

Interested in your thoughts on Mulberry. I have been deciding between this designer and one other. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Olivia & welcome. Why not have a read thru some threads & get a feel for the Mulberry forum. We are a friendly bunch.

Personally I've loved Mulberry for a long time. It's an english brand that has some classics & reworks them whilst bringing in new stuff.

I hope this helps you (& I hope the Mulberry faithful agree with what I've said).

I love the fact that it is still (mainly) made in England, I love the idea of each bag being made in the lovely Shepton Mallet, and I love that if there is a problem afterwards, they can usually rectify it without any problem. Their customer service is v good on aftercare.

I also love, that it really is true, that the more you use these bags, the better they become. There sure are not many things you can say that about !

There is something special about them as no other bag designs interest me!

I think it is true that they the best thing is they are meant to age so that they look good new and then better once they settle in.

Other brands just look older and worn these slouch and relax and feel very good. They can look very natural but you feel dressed up to have them...

:welcome: I love your name Olivia. Not enough of them around i the UK.

You have the edge in the US of getting a fabulous bag that isn't seen on every corner. Either real or fake.

You can choose between something classic like a Bayswater or new and on trend like Alexa. Look at Oak Lily which I think blends both. It would be interesting to hear what your other designer is, to compare and contrast.

Hello Olivia..

I have just bought a bayswater last week. I fell in love with it right away ... and since then I have bought 2 more. I guess its the classic simple design that can be redo over and over again using different leather and different colours. Eventhough u have seen the particular bag over and over again ... you still feel that you have to have it everytime you see it ;) . now I am lusting over ostrich bays .. if only I could afford it .. hmmm :P

Welcome Olivia :flowers:

I only recently started getting into Mulberry, I wanted a good quality everyday 'mum' bag and my DH bought me the choc Ant Messenger for my birthday in Feb. I love the colour, quality of the leather and its classic style. I now have two others, another Ant and a Clutch.....I think its a great brand. :tup:

However I do own other designer brands: Chanel and MBMJ. To be honest if I really like the style of the bag I really dont mind who it is made by as long as the quality is there and I'm getting what I pay for!! :coolio:

I too am new to Mulberry. Well to buying at least. I have admired them for a while now. After seeking advice from the lovely ladies on the forum I steered clear of the fakes and the allure of Ebay and went for a choc ant which I bought from Selfridges in the Trafford Centre.

Its been 2 weeks + since I took the plunge and I don't regret it one bit. The leather now that I have waterproofed it and polished it to within an inch of its life just glows.

I have a ton of bags but this is my first designer bag. I will be buying more from Mulberry in the future. The quality and finish is awesome and streets ahead of anything I have bought before. The branding is very discrete too so I am not too conscious of toting a label.

There is an issue (for some) with men even having a bag. I read an old post (from 2007) about men and bags. It was hysterical. Ladies threatening to disown their men if they ever took the plunge!!

Maybe me being gay has something to do with it? Hmmm. Whatever. - My advice is 'buy Mulberry-flaunt it-love it'. :smile: