Your current foundations(s)?

Usually when I wear foundation, I stay pretty committed to the brand that works for me the most. For years I was wearing Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. When I got to my 30's I noticed that I was breaking out with hormonal acne and I believe that this foundation was not making it any better. Late last year, I read some reviews on Shiseido and I decided to give it a try. I can honestly say that this product is working extremely well for me right now. Unless my skin changes again, then I don't see myself switching it up for anything else.

Shiseido-The Makeup Dual Balancing Foundation SPF 17 in Natural Fair Ivory--It's very lightweight, perfect for my dry skin, and doesnt' clog my pores. I lasts all day and I don't need to apply a powder over it.

I rarely wear foundation but when I do it's either MUF HD Foundation or Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. I love using MUF for 'heavy duty' makeup...meaning if I know I'll be photographed a lot (i.e. my wedding) and Armani for when I'm going out with my friends. Day-to-day I just used primer and a bit of powder and that's it!

As for my kit, I use MAC Studio FX or RMK. As soon as I'm done with those I plan on switching to MUF and maybe trying Cargo BluRay.

I'm still looking for my perfect foundation...here's what I've tried out.

My current combination is Dermablend to spot conceal (set with Dermablend setting powder) and Bare Minerals tinted veil to even out the rest of my face.

DSC02476.jpg

Top (L-R):
-Bare Escentuals (makes my face a bit itchy, and looks shiny, but doesn't cause me to break out)
-Vichy/Dermablend liquid foundation - fantastic coverage - but the shade is too dark for my skin (and the next shade up is too light! I should have picked up both when I had the chance)
-Everyday Minerals concealer

Bottom (L-R):
-Everyday Minerals Base - doesn't break me out or make me itchy...pretty good coverage BUT since my skin is currently dry from Benzyl Peroxide - applying this makes my skin flaky
-Maybelline - don't really use this anymore..should throw it out!
-Vichy/Dermablend concealer - matches my skin perfectly (unlike the foundation in the same shade!)...
-Benefit Playstick - too dark for me, using this up as an eyeshadow base
-MAC concealer (for under my eyes - never my blemishes as it breaks me out!)
-Everyday Minerals concealer (never use this!)

This is what's in my foundation drawer. I rotate depending on the weather, my mood, and what kind of look I'm going for. Generally I prefer lighter coverage.

- Bare Escentuals mineral foundation. Nice light coverage and excellent staying power in hot weather.

- Tinted moisturizers: Currently I'm using Sephora, Kiehl's, Laura Mercier Illuminating, and Stila Illuminating. Again, nice light, sheer coverage. I always apply these with a sponge dampened with MAC Fix+, and a few spritzes on my face.

- Powder foundations: MAC Studio Fix, Laura Mercier, Estee Lauder Double Wear. Slightly heavier coverage, but saves me a step in the morning when I'm too lazy (or running late).

- Liquids for stippling: Boots No. 7 Lifting & Firming - probably the heaviest coverage foundation I own, so I don't use it very often. Also, Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation.

loves! MUFE face and body!

I agree! with the MAC foundations

I'm curious what don't you like about it?

My top 5 foundations that I go to over and over are
NARS Sheer glow in New Guinea: I love this so much I use it more in the wnter months in the summer use it as a tinted moisturizer
MUFE Face and body: I love this foundation it's light like declaredbeauty mentioned, and it's great in the summer. Thank goodness I have a MUFE boutique near me as I need a custom blend of shade 18 Camel, and shade 46. that blend is a perfect match!
MUFE Mat Velvet: shade #70 I love MAT velvet it keeps my t-zone from being shiny and it doesn't leave that matte cakey look look despite the name. one of my favourites especially in the summer months..
MUFE HD foundation: shade 177 I love mufe hd foundation as my face looks flawless in pictures!!!
Revlon Colour stay in Caramel #400: I was very impressed by this DS foundation. it holds up really well in the heat and humidity, and it doesn't oxidize on me and it's cheap!

So I went to the NARS store in Soho yesterday to exchange a product only to find out that I'm actually Macao in NARS Sheer glow..

My current foundations are:

Black Opal Truly Topaz creme stick
Black Opal Heavenly Honey creme to powder

Mac Face and Body C6 and C7
Mac Studio Tech NC44

MUFE HD 173

I have a lot of foundations because I like to contour and with the darker foundations. It's something I just started getting in to.

This was either my first or second foundation.. I forgot but I loved it! Too bad they DC'd this! :sad:

you could give the studio moisture tint a try, most ppl claim it has less covergae as the select tint - that's wrong but the covergae kind of "kicks in " 2 mins after applying and it's less dewy that the selct tint but more moisturizing

MUFE matt velvet - LOVE IT! Matt, as is the name and so I have no T-zone shine, super silky finish, it doesn't feel heavy on, and makes an overall great base!!!!!!!