Your best "cost per wear" H item!

Fishfood

Still Abby Fabby!!
O.G.
Oct 21, 2006
A while back, a lot of gals on the H forum used to throw the expression "cost per wear" quite a bit, but I don't hear it as much anymore. I ran a search, and couldn't find it there either, so I thought it might be nice to start a new thread :tup:

What H item do you wear the most? Which H item do you reeeeally feel you've gotten your money's worth from?

For me, no matter what I wear, or adore, I USE my blue jean Vision II zip the most as a wallet & checkbook holder. It pops in every bag I have (even non H - blasphemy!) and seriously, still looks great after almost 2 years of daily use.

Just yesterday I was breezing through Chanel with a friend, and the SA was talking to me about her zip wallets. When she gave me a card for something and I pulled out my Vision, she said "oh, just like ours! But YOU paid too much!" and I laughed with her. But you know, mine was actually comparably priced, and looked great after 2 years :tup: So it got me thinking about cost per wear, and I realized this subtle little item was truly pulling its weight!

How about you? I would love to hear what is everybodys best "cost per wear" item, bag, scarf, whatever!

Reactions: EdgyBagsPlz
black 32 togo kelly w/ ghw. i beat it to death during the winter months and it never lets me down. at this point my cost per wear is probably the same as toting around a hallmark printed gift sack of 5 dollars or so every day. and think of all the paper i haven't had to recycle. love this plain jane bag- i may have to be buried with it, i'm sure there will be something i need in it on the other side- lipgloss or a couple dollars for a snack, perhaps?

Reactions: Melow
What a great thread subject, Angelfish you are so right! Cost per wear is much more important than upfront cost! I think about my Chanel flat pumps which have pretty much died after less than 1 year, and I sigh...

For me it would have to be any of my H rainbow items (especially the little playing card holder that I have as a blackberry case) but also my shawls (especially the Aubergine TB), which I use all the time and everywhere: to accessorise work outfits, to travel as airplane blankets, at home to wrap up in front of a movie...

A friend introduced me to the concept of cost per wear a while back which made lots of sense! I compare my watch used each day to a dress I might wear once - but I still buy those one off dresses :P!

For H, I would say the small leathers since the same ones are used while bags can be changed every couple of days. Cashmere shawls as I take one everyday with me no matter what the weather is like. Silver Kelly amulet bracelet I don't take off. Carmen key ring used for car keys.

Mine would have to be my GM agenda in rose shocking chevre. I've had it for a little over a year and it is looking used, but the leather has softened and is oh-so-lovely now. Definitely still looks great and I love it!

Great thread. For me, it's probably Hermes earrings and watch which are worn almost every day, followed by by Bearn wallet, also, unfortunately used almost every day, lol.

I try and rotate through my bags and I'm getting great cost per wear out of my GM shawls at the moment as they are nice to wear in and out of the house at any time.

My enamel bracelets get worn quite a lot too.

I'm a big believer is cost per wear and I am quite happy to be seen in the same stuff all the time.

Great thread angelfish!

Mine is the black 30cm fjord Birkin phw.. I use it really often :yes: And one of my Kelly wallets is ALWAYS with me. I use my epsom wallet during the winter and croc wallet in the summer time. And my red + green Carmen keyrings are soooo old already and I have my home keys attached to them, so you can imagine that I carry them with me everyday.

My GM epsom Blue de Prusse agenda- use it almost every day, it's the only thing that keeps me at all organized! Also, my GM shawls (esp. my aubergine Tohu Bohu)- I wear them almost daily and they make me so happy.

angel, great thread!

mine has to be my black chevre birkin 35 and both of my SO kellys (bdp and raisin)....any my small leathergoods (wallet, coinpurse) that i bring everyday!