Your advice please!

Hi -

I went to see the Ardoise Large Veneta I ordered at BV store today, but was disappointed with the leather. There are creases on the woven leather and some little strips of leather stick out. The SA's there told me that the nappa leather for the Ardoise veneta is very soft. That is why there are creases and strips of leather. I have other BV bags, but have never seen a bag in such condition. Is this normal?

Hi -

I went to see the Ardoise Large Veneta I ordered at BV store today, but was disappointed with the leather. There are creases on the woven leather and some little strips of leather stick out. The SA's there told me that the nappa leather for the Ardoise veneta is very soft. That is why there are creases and strips of leather. I have other BV bags, but have never seen a bag in such condition. Is this normal?

The fact that it is so soft sounds dreamy to me! The creases, I think, will work themselves out with time, and I'm not sure what you mean by 'sticking out.' Do you mean the weave is not flat? I think that's normal too.

There is/was an older Ebano large veneta at the SCP BV boutique. It was so different then the newer Venetas. The leather was so much softer and had more texture and depth of color. I still think about that bag even though I need a large Veneta like I need a hole on the head. I admit your description of the Ardoise reminds me that bag.

But if you're not happy with, you shouldn't get it. Bv is expensive and you should really adore each peice.

I just purchased an ardoise bag in a different style and I don't recall it having any unusually large creases in the leather and it certainly didn't have any leather strips sticking out. Perhaps it was the particular bag you looked at. Was it a floor model that had been handled? You can ask to see a brand new bag to make sure.

My SA has told me that certain dyes affect the texture of the nappa differently. For instance she the Nero dyed nappa is stiffer than some of the other dyes. My quetsch bag is much softer than the Nero in the same style.

Thanks Grietje, Kelsey for your advice. What I mean by leather strips are fraying edges of the leather. There are quite a few areas on the bags with fraying edges. I have only seen these on my BV's over time as I use it, but not on a new bag. As for the creases, they are on the woven leather.

I have tried the Ardoise medium veneta on before I ordered the large one. The leather on the medium one is excellent. So I was disappointed when I saw the large one. They had only one at the store (in fact they ordered it from another store), so the SA said they would have to request for another one.

I like Ardoise, but I am thinking if I should get a black instead. I am torn.:confused1:

I like Ardoise, but I am thinking if I should get a black instead. I am torn.:confused1:

Ardoise is a rich interesting color and would add an element of interest to outfits with a lot of black. But I wonder about it's overall versatility as a year round bag. Could you wear it with say white pants and a black top in summer? Nero would definitely work but I wonder if Ardoise would weight it down...

Ardoise is a rich interesting color and would add an element of interest to outfits with a lot of black. But I wonder about it's overall versatility as a year round bag. Could you wear it with say white pants and a black top in summer? Nero would definitely work but I wonder if Ardoise would weight it down...

I see what you mean. Ardoise is very close to black. I wish it is lighter. I am going to compare Ardoise and Black again soon. Hopefully I can make a decision then.