Your advice on Chloe

asianjade

O.G.
Dec 20, 2009
Hi, I just need some advice on a Chloe Green Patent Bay. I don't owe any Chloe bag but would like to get one since i saw this bag online. So far, I don't have a green bag in my collection. I have a wishlist for this year but Chloe is not included. My question are :

1) How heavy is the bag?
2) How popular besides the paddy & which year model?
3) How does the green color look like (difficult to tell from the picture)?
4) It is a good choice to get the Bay instead of the popular Padington?

The strap, the handles, the measurement, the outside pockets met my requirements.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

;);)

Is the Bay the Quilted or Non-Quilted version?

Also you must buy what YOU like and not what is popular - never ever buy a bag just because its 'in fashion'.

If you have a link to the bag you are looking at - post it - we can then see the bag you are talking about.

^^Good advice from Lescoy.
If its the quilted Bay, I think it is beautiful in the Green patent (actually both style Bays are gorgeous, just a different color green) -- there are some pics of the green quilted either in the reference library or Your Chloe in action threads. Chodessa has one.
The Bay tends to be on the heavy side, but most Chloe's are--especially the quilted version.

Very cute bag, good choice and a great price too! :smile:

I think it shouldn't be too heavy as it's a smaller bay but I personally have not had any experience with this style.

I think what lescoy said is good, get a bag that you like, not just because it is more popular. Chloe has made more paddingtons than bays, but that just makes the bay more special and unique. I think if you like it and it's in your budget, you should go for it :smile:

asianjade - Hi there - this isn't as heavy as the Quilted Bay - and also you do have the additional shoulder strap - so its a nice versatile bag - and if you love the colour - I think its a great choice.

With the paddington - its a heavier bag - due to the hardware, and you also have the padlock to contend with during use.

I'd say think about your lifestyle, how do you wear your bags? Do you hand carry or do you like a shoulder style? With this Bay you have both options - with the paddy - you have a hand carry bag which will fit on the shoulder but not with as much 'give', of course there is the paddy with the additional shoulder strap too.

Buy the bag you feel comfortable with, and the one you will use - and not think - ugh I have to trudge round with this thing attached to my arm - and its tiresome and heavy and just not user friendly.

I think often we don't think about that - we see something - say with lots of straps - then buy it - and find its a nightmare as the straps are fiddly and we end up not using.

This Bay - classic shape, nice colour and finish - and if you feel comfortable with her - then go for her - if you have doubts - then maybe she's not for you.

Thank you so much for you guys to reply me. I am a small petite woman 5' tall, and have right shoulder problem (i only use my right shoulder to carry bag). That why my requirement must have hand carry plus a shoulder strap or very light bag.

I have did a research on the Bay's Library but i don't see the same kind of leather for the Bay's bag that I wanted. So I m thinking is this kind of leather exist for this bag? The picture shown that the leather is like crinkle patent. Also I never buy from annsfabulous and I also have doubt about the authentic of the bag. What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Hi there - this bag is totally bonafide - its definitely the right style and colour - its one which was made.

As for Ann's Fabulous Finds - although I haven't bought from her personally - she is a reputable reseller - and many girls here on the Forum have bought from her very successfully. There is a Thread actually -

http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe-shopping/anns-fabulous-finds-question-390009.html

I think in terms of weight - the paddy for you just wouldn't be right - well it would be ok hand-carried - but other than that - its a heavy bag - and so the Bay here is definitely a lighter weight bag.

Hi Asianjade!

I am 5'2" (but not petite) and have back problems. I had the larger version of this bag (same color) and I found it to be very heavy, especially once I put my belongings into it - wallet, cell phone, I pod, blackberry, and a spiral notebook. I walk everywhere, and I would get sharp shooting pains in my shoulder if I carried it for too long. The bag itself is heavy (but not as heavy as my friend's Paddington Dome).

I recently saw this bag at the store, and it was significantly lighter in weight than the Bay and Paddington. If weight is a concern, you might want to check out this one.

http://www.intermixonline.com/produ...eather+shoulder+bag-+brown.do?sortby=ourPicks

Anyway, the Bay is a gorgeous bag. Happy shopping!

Hi, Morejunkny

Thank you very much for your information. I have a very bad right shoulder problem. I had visited the chiropratic and it is better now but still have problem. I am learning to use my left shoulder instead but always felt the feeling very uncomfortable using it. I light the design of this bag but i really don't see the actual green the color from the picture. Like i have said earlier, it is very diffcult to tell how the colour real look. I remember buying a very beautiful green bag online, but when i received it, it was totally different color, and in the end i have to returned it. So what do you think about the green color? I am thinking if i have the green bag (actualy i wanted a green bag very long time ago, but all the greens that i saw are not what i'v imagine), how am i going to match with my fittings? Green is a very difficult color to match, not like black color which can goes with any color.

:blush:

I agree with morejunkny the larger size is heavy
I bought it because of the leather, it is gorgeous
The leather on this Sea green bay is different (much better and luxurious) than all the other patent Bays (that I saw)
I didn't keep it because of the color I prefer neutral colors but my mom took it ( she is more adventurous and fun than me when it comes to colors)
The color is very similar to the green color in Gucci logo

I have a black Chloe Bay satchel which has some quilting and it is reasonably heavy but I love it....I think it is my all time favourite bag....the leather is really a substantial patent - a very good quality. As for Green as a colour for the bag - I think green would go with everything - it would set off black quite nicely (black against black can get boring....) and the green would especially work with navy....you could wear with it khaki, cream, brown, everything....so I would go for it! the bay is just a really funky bag....

The green is a dark green - the patent makes it so pretty. Your monitor might show the color differently than mine, but my bag is pretty much the same color as in the listing. You could also ask AFF for more photos - they sent some to me one time I was considering a bag on their site.

It's a gorgeous bag, both in style and color, but don't risk injuring your shoulder further for the sake of fashion...there are so many lovely bags out there! I think AFF allows returns, though, don't they?

It's a really lovely colour! :biggrin:

I find greens pretty easy to mix with other colours, TBH.

After all, leaves are green and flowers can be pretty much any colour and they don't clash with each other, do they?

Don't risk injuring yourself, though - generally, the more HW and/or other bells and whistles a bag has, the heavier it is.

If you have a shoulder problem, it might be better to stick with a simpler, more streamlined design and reserve any decorative HW and so on, for smaller bags and clutches.

Personally, I'd never buy a heavy, larger bag, but I don't mind if small to medium sized clutches are a bit heavy for their size. :nogood: