Your advice is needed for this RED lambskin!!!!

VeryIntoChanel

Hermes Here I Come
O.G.
Mar 16, 2008
With RED being one of the hottest color among Chanel lovers, what do you think is a rasonable price to pay for a Red Lambskin?

I could get my hands on a very good conditon red flap made in probably 1987 (20 years old +) and the length of the bag is 10.25cm which I hardly come across... most of the time, I only see the 9 cm popping up on Ebay(maybe its just my luck)...

The asking prices are always $3000 + which I think is pretty outrageous.

What do you think is reasonable?

Please help!!!

Thanks!

Attachments

• 01d9_12.jpg
    01d9_12.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 182
Angie, honestly I think $3,200 is way too much for this bag. I know it's supply and demand but that's just a crazy mark up from the original price which was probably around $1,000 (maybe even less than $1k).

Angie, honestly I think $3,200 is way too much for this bag. I know it's supply and demand but that's just a crazy mark up from the original price which was probably around $1,000 (maybe even less than $1k).
Mon, did they change the quilting about the cc closure in later years? I thought it should look like bat ears, did older Chanels not have this?

That's how much I've seen red Chanels go on eBay, even for ones in worn down condition! It's shocking to see people buy them for that much when they could get a BRAND NEW Chanel for that price. I suppose bright red really is in hot demand... I love red, but I would never pay that much of a markup on a vintage/used bag. It's just a bit ridiculous honestly.

Just my two cents!

I feel the same way MISSISA07 thats why I posted this thread to see what others think.

The bag that I am in love with is 20+ years old and I really cant see myself paying 3K for it. The prices before for these reds used to be around 2500+ and the prices just skyrocketed recently because one of the reds were sold at 3k+ and all the sellers started marking up their prices... mmmmmmmm

One PFer onced adviced me to wait and the right one will come along, it always does... guess I will have to listen and play the waiting game now.

BUMMER.

I think you can expect a high mark up. I wouldn't buy it as much as I love red, however, all the red Chanels seem to be ridiculously overpriced on eBay. I think one jumbo from recent years sold for like $4500 and retailed at what, $2250? Insane.

Angie, sooner or later Chanel will bring out a red flap. Hang in with them until they do and get waitlisted at several places early, because you know a lot of folks will be getting waitlisted.

Supply & demand, sure. But, WE determine the demand and if we don't purchase bags with these ridiculous markups, prices may come down. They can only charge what the market will bear.

$3000+ for a 20 yrs old bag, even if good condition is insane. This is just my 2C though. Do what's right for you.

Angie, sooner or later Chanel will bring out a red flap. Hang in with them until they do and get waitlisted at several places early, because you know a lot of folks will be getting waitlisted.

I think $3200 is too much for a vintage bag too. The problem with waiting until Chanel comes out with another red that you love it, 2008 reds are really dark bordeaux reds. And with the way Chanel prices have been increasing, I think the jumbo in lamb is already $2800 currently, correct? And the bordeaux patent jumbo is $3125 before tax? How much would they be IF Chanel releases a red flap in 2009? It'll most likely be over $3000.

So at this point, it seems to me that $3200 will just get you a brand new bag vs. a vintage red one if you decide to wait. For me personally, I prefer a new one, but that's just me. lol.