You won't believe this! MJ dress for 1cent

we do this at nordstrom too. if an item is suuuuper old or is damaged in some way it goes to the last call center in arizona where most thinks are 1 cent.
on occasion they will be on the floor by mistake and if anyone finds them we have to sell them for 1 cent. it's crazy. i've seen a few things before, tanks, jeans, etc.

They're supposed to pulled off the floor. If a customer find it, they have to be told it can not be sold unless they really want it. Then they get 40% off the lowest marked price. (that's how it works at macy's) If someone actually sells a 1 cent item, they get in trouble with LP. They usually end up on the floor if a customer returns somethig old, the associate doesn't check it out and it ends up on the floor. It should work like that at bloomies because they're owned by macy's. I see 1 cent things at work all the time!

Does it always ring up as $0.01? A couple times at Macy's I had items that rang up 0.00. The first time it happened, the lady just gave it to me (they were just some CK jeans that was already marked down to $17). The second time it happened, it was a purse I wanted. It rang up $0.00 and the lady said she could not sell that even though there was a price sticker in it. I guess it wasn't a big loss for me since now I can't even remember what that bag looked like :Push:. This was in two different Macy's... the first one in Minnesota and the second one in IL.

wow. I guess it really depends on your cashier then too. I had a jacket that rang up as 1 cent in old navy and the cashier didnt want to sell it. She says the tag (showing 15) is wrong and told me to pay 40. I liked the jacket so I paid, maybe I should have insisted on paying 1 cent. Lol.

I know this thread is old but wanted to clarify a couple things. I work at Bloomingdales and can tell you if it rings up for 1 cent, we have to give it to you at that price. The SA's are taught only if you ask for a price check will the customer be able to see it rang up for one percent. If you bring it up to counter to ring up without price check we are told to only give you 65% off because you cant see the 1 cent price from behind counter. I am unfortunetely not eligble for this. It doesnt happen everyday but I also would not say its rare.

The Macy shoppers who posted about not getting the salesprice that merchandise rang up for should have requested a manager. If that does not work call corporate. You'll get the discount.:smile: BTW, the SA probably kept the merchandise for themselves or a friend to buy (even though against policy). If they charged you more then what it rang up for and YOU SAW the price then they probably pocketed the money. Internal theft is a huge problem but security is very tight and has cracked down on a lot of it.

I know this thread is old but wanted to clarify a couple things. I work at Bloomingdales and can tell you if it rings up for 1 cent, we have to give it to you at that price. The SA's are taught only if you ask for a price check will the customer be able to see it rang up for one percent. If you bring it up to counter to ring up without price check we are told to only give you 65% off because you cant see the 1 cent price from behind counter. I am unfortunetely not eligble for this. It doesnt happen everyday but I also would not say its rare.

The Macy shoppers who posted about not getting the salesprice that merchandise rang up for should have requested a manager. If that does not work call corporate. You'll get the discount.:smile: BTW, the SA probably kept the merchandise for themselves or a friend to buy (even though against policy). If they charged you more then what it rang up for and YOU SAW the price then they probably pocketed the money. Internal theft is a huge problem but security is very tight and has cracked down on a lot of it.

Thanks for the info...too bad there's no bloomies close to my house. The closest one is 40 minutes away. Happy shopping everyone!

I agree, I've had it happen to me and I forced the issue at Macy's-I saw the price and told them that they had to sell it to me at the price listed. I had them call the manager-and he agreed! So be aware-they have price checkers in the store.

It happen to me today . I bought a joie jacket that retailed for 298.00 for a penny. The first sales women did not want to give it to me . The second sales lady said they had to sell it to me for a penny . That is a Bloomingdales policy. So fight for your rights . If I would of listened to the first lady I would of paid 75.00 for the jacket.

Can someone explain the "last call center/s" another post mentioned?

Is that where shoes with a round punch in the sole come from? People hawk that stuff all over ebay for ridiculous prices...