Yorkie boy or girl?

That’s heartbreaking. It’s a lack of empathy. Even some people that have empathy for other people, won’t have empathy for animals. I think they just see them as things. Or what they can do for the person. They don’t consider very much what they can do for the animal. The bare necessities… food and water. Most people don’t even take their dog for walks. I live in a nice neighborhood and I’m the only person that’s out walking my dogs. I guess they just put them in the backyard. This is not a reciprocal relationship. I’m not sure people necessarily see that they even have a relationship with their pets. I think they are removed from them in that way. I’m just speaking of the ones that would do what your neighbor did with her cat. She is blind to understanding that a cat has an emotional life. And she can’t put herself in the cats position. Like your neighbors mom might give your neighbor away.
I know....once I adopt an animal, it's mine...people can be so cruel

Even though cats may not be as depending as dogs, they care too...our little boy wails all night when we return from travel...Like he's saying "are you there?!"

Another story. I had a cat that showed up at the back door. very tame and friendly. clearly had been abandoned. he was about a year old. probably someone decided to dump him cause he wasn't a little kitten anymore. we already had two cats and weren't looking for a third. I told people at work about him and this woman came over to see him. she immediately said she wanted him. I wasn't that sure I wanted to let him go. she started pressuring me that she wanted him right away. I asked her what if he and your existing cat don't get along? she said she would give her cat to her mom. that was it for me. I kept the kitty.

I'm glad because he was the sweetest kitty. and I heard later she had twins so she very well might have gotten rid of him when the babies came.

Reactions: maxxout