• Yes

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • No

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters

Hlover88

Dec 6, 2022
Hello everyone,

So I got a quota bag offer for a B25 after almost a year of wait but the color is not ideal… it’s called gris névé. I put a wish for neutrals : black, gold or etoupe (greys) but this grey is not what I was thinking of when I put my wish. Especially not as a first Birkin.

-I think I will reject the offer but still wanted your thoughts on that color? I would mainly use the bag for events or dinner time.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I voted yes! But this will def depend on your planned usage. It’s a lighter gray than the other neutrals you mentioned so not sure if that might make you more reluctant for evening usage. I love mine but I was hankering for green in general so a gray-green seemed perfect for me! But that was for me - I always say go with your gut on colors and a lot of times your first thought is the right thought. If you have to convince yourself then it is not right for you!

Whether we like it or not is pretty meaningless if you don't :flowers: These bags are big purchases and not easy - while personally I like this color (it reminds me of icebergs in the Arctic and Antarctic), I probably wouldn't choose it; if you don't like it at all, do not settle.
(FWIW it's certainly not a pure grey, it has definitive green-blue undertones, again, like icebergs.)
ETA: I'd just tell your SA you don't like green, or that you really want a true neutral.
ETA again: for evenings or events, especially, since it's already a Birkin, you'd want a more "formal" color, just IMO.

Last edited:
Have you seen it in person? I think that always helps. If it doesn't feel right then just politely decline and espress clearly to your SA the preferred Grey plus the classic neutrals which work for you. Never settle. That's a lesson I believe all us Old Guard have learned.

Whether we like it or not is pretty meaningless if you don't :flowers: These bags are big purchases and not easy - while personally I like this color (it reminds me of icebergs in the Arctic and Antarctic), I probably wouldn't choose it; if you don't like it at all, do not settle.
(FWIW it's certainly not a pure grey, it has definitive green-blue undertones, again, like icebergs.)
ETA: I'd just tell your SA you don't like green, or that you really want a true neutral.
ETA again: for evenings or events, especially, since it's already a Birkin, you'd want a more "formal" color, just IMO.
Thank you - such thoughtful advices. So I feel a bit - mpf - stupid to post and try to help. But since I do have this bag and the perfectly matching scarf, I decided to at least try to give hints as to the colour Gris Névé.

@Hlover88 : IMPO Gris névé is rather a springy very very light green in some light, especially sunny daylight. IMO it matches the grey greenish colour of the scarf Le Rêve de Julia IRL 1688831041267.png
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-spring-summer-2023-scarves.1055981/page-170#post-35619776- Though here on this photo - I would even compare it to the single stripe on the left part near the white dots. IRL in sunlight it corresponds exactly really exactly to the greenish stripes on the right side at the triangles. (DH tried to take a photo of both - we couldn't capture the perfect colour on a photo - so :
I would compare it rather to the more greenish than to the bluish stripes on this screenshot - maybe here the greyish green in the stripes matches quite closely 1688831282287.png.

OMG it is so difficult to catch the colour on photos. I bought it because it is so lively springy and I do have quite some neutrals.
Edited to add: I really like the description of QuelleFromage : because I think this colour has a bit more cool toned vibes than shown on my scarf photo above, but not completely cool (that is what I appreciate, too).
Edited to add DH's description: Such a happy colour - (she) it is fresh, fresh, exciting ...
So for evening events? B25? and this colour? Difficult decision for a first bag.

Good luck deciding.:flowers:

Last edited:
Have you seen it in person? I saw many pics of Gris Meyer and padded K25s, only to find it somewhat meh
when offerd IRL. Also, I thought I really wanted an etain TPM, and find I don’t reach for it much bc
it’s a bit drab. Same with my etoupe b30 which seems somewhat more drab than my etoupe Victoria,
even though they seem the same side by side. Lol.

my point is don’t reject it out of hand bc there could be that spark. You never know.

ETA: I just read above and @periogirl28 said it first