[Yes, another thread about speedy] Which speedy should I go for?

Feb 4, 2012
Well, it is 2013 now, and I think I really want a new speedy, preferably in size 30.

So a couple of choices:

Speedy 30 mon mono (have not decided on combo)
Speedy 30 B in DE (kinda turned off by the cloth tag, but don't have time to go to France to buy it in MIF)
Speedy 25 B leather version - navy / purple (though this one is kinda out of budget for now, and I heard this style is gonna have 30 out soon, which is more of my size)

Already have azure speedy 25. I don't use it much so not considering the azure pattern this time.

Any other suggestions??

Practically I want a speedy with strap. Only wish mon mono comes with speedy B styles.........That would be perfect.

DE Speedy B if it is just the tag that is at issue.

Otherwise, the Empriente Leather would be my choice. I tried one on today and it is soooo cute!

Have you considered the idylle speedy b?

Otherwise, the Empriente Leather would be my choice. I tried one on today and it is soooo cute!

+ 1

i have the DE speedy B, love it, so useful though recently idylle speedy b caught my eyes!! so pretty and not as common but read you need to baby the bag cos of the material. am not 1 who baby and worry about bags when using them so i chose DE.

but if you are one who baby bags, i vote for idylle speedy b!

p/s the strap is really useful!!

I do like the Empriente, and I love looking at them. They just don't look right on me.... Anything "cute" generally don't look "right" on me. I think I need at least a size 30 to pull off that bag, cause 25 looks too small. I have been wanting one since they come out though................

+ 1

i have the DE speedy B, love it, so useful though recently idylle speedy b caught my eyes!! so pretty and not as common but read you need to baby the bag cos of the material. am not 1 who baby and worry about bags when using them so i chose DE.

but if you are one who baby bags, i vote for idylle speedy b!

p/s the strap is really useful!!

I don't think I want an idylle speedy. I don't like cloth bags in general. It is just the fact that often things happen (no matter how carefully we are). A cloth bag is just not going to last as long as canvas or leather bags.

For all those who vote for Speedy B DE, I have two concerns:

1. The quality issue: have read and heard so many "horror" stories about the bag and its crack/peeling/handle messed/whatever that is the problem, and I kinda feel that the MIUSA bags perhaps are not as carefully examined as MIF bags?

2. It is a more common bag.... in that regard it loses to the mon mono.

Upper sides:
1. I probably won't need to bring receipt of the MIUSA bags when I go abroad - custom better not give me trouble if the bag says its from USA

2. Resell value - I would imagine if I ever want to get rid of a speedy b DE its probably not too hard? (but price might not be that good cause its more common?)

I don't even know what I am talking about anymore.... I just want a speedy!

ha ha.. no worries. i was like you too, deciding the different options.

so far, my speedy b 30 DE has held up when i carry a ton in it. i think the cracking issues are with DE neverfull's thin straps. the speedy DE straps are so much thicker.

i decided against mon monogram cos i read that it may chip eventually and it doesn't come with a strap.

as for resale value, that's not in my consideration when i am choosing bags. i choose those that i love and will definitely use.

I have a mono speedy and love it but sometimes wish I had a strap..I love the looks of the DE speedy b.. empreiente speedys are now coming out with the cloth tag if that is issue for you....