Yellowing leather?

kate79

Jul 27, 2006
Hi everyone.
I only have one MJ bag (so far:graucho: ) and don't really know a whole lot about them, so I figured I'd come to the experts on this:
I just noticed that my cream color (official color name pearl?) quilted Cammie is turning kind of yellow. It's most noticable on the two front pockets. Is this normal? Anyone else had this problem with the lighter colored leather?:confused1: Anything I can do about it?

Is it a newer bag? I have an older MJ Zoe that used to be light pink but has actually lost all it's color and is now a weird greenish beige color. The only place where the color stayed pink is under the pocket flap on the front of the bag. Last year or the year before, I called the MJ Boutique in San Francisco to ask them why my bag was no longer the color it was supposed to be, and they said that some of the older bags just don't retain their colors.

Not much help to you, but just thought I would let you know what they told me.

I got it a little over a year ago. I think it was from either the summer or fall of 2005. Its really strange - the quilted part looks the same, but the non-quilted pockets are getting yellowish.

MJ seems to still be test driving his/their bags. The locks which wont stay closed and now some cant seem to open, the not-so-even stitchings, the quick-to-scuff edges, the stainings, and the fadings... They must be doing something right though, I am thinking of getting a second Stam even though my first is slobbered with yellow glue stains and the kisslock can't seem to stay shut... either that, or I really need therapy...