Yay or Nay?

Kidclarke

Aug 31, 2014
So I love love love my Rexy Tote 42, but there's one thing about it I would change if I could.

I would like the top to be zippered. I am queen of putting my bag behind the seat then spilling all its contents out by flipping it over accidentally, so a little "security" from myself would be nice.

Then I was thinking it can't be that hard to add a zipper, can it? I was contemplating going to a cobbler to ask if they could add a zipper. I'm guessing that is something along the lines they could do, right? Do you think this would be addable to the bag or is this a bad idea...? I'm hoping maybe someone has done something similar and could give advice or steer me away if this is a bad idea. :biggrin:

IMG_4192.jpg IMG_4194.jpg IMG_4195.jpg IMG_4196.jpg

Reactions: momofgirls
It's probably doable, especially by a very experienced seamstress or seamster.....( I might have just made up a new word. :eek:), but I'm not sure if you would be happy with it because of the new seams / stitches that would be showing on the bag. What about a couple of clips across the bag, such as the clip on some of Coach's totes? Like the one below, except you could put one one either side of the bag, close to where the handles are attached.
Image1.jpg

Reactions: Kidclarke
For some reason organizers bug me a little, but I suppose I should give one a try before going to more drastic measures.

The clips are a nice idea but my stuff could still fall out the top with those. The bag has a button closure to keep the top together but my stuff still falls out.

Reactions: Suzanne B.
For some reason organizers bug me a little, but I suppose I should give one a try before going to more drastic measures.

The clips are a nice idea but my stuff could still fall out the top with those. The bag has a button closure to keep the top together but my stuff still falls out.
I have just one open top tote, b/c it's not my favorite style, and I was very against organizers until I tried one in the bag. Now I get the fuss over them b/c they really help. I got one really inexpensive (like under $20) on amazon.