Yay or Nay Chanel 31 mini

The bag is no for me but love your shoes!! I have 2 pairs of roger vivier sneakers but not this one.
Happy Birthday Love GIF by Mo Willems Workshop
Those shoes are my best purchase. So versatile I can wear with a skirt or jeans.

I quite like it on you! This style is growing on me, never really noticed this bag before until recently I saw a smaller one in the boutique. I think it’s quite subtle and classic enough to stand the test of time.

I would definitely go with the classic mini instead of the 31 bag. It’s truly an investment piece and you can get more use out of a rectangular or square mini.

For those comparing 22 mini to 31. I bought a 31 mini (small shopping bag on Chanel’s website) to replace my 22 mini in hope that the quilted 31 bag can stand the test of time and normal usage.
Cons of 22 mini - If you don’t pull the drawstrings, the bag stays open. If you pull the drawstrings and carry heavier items too often, the bag gets deformed. The leather will become wrinkled (creases, dents) or even cracked. The place where the stitched leather meets the inner lining will create an horizontal indentation on the bag. The weight will also make the outer leather larger than the inner fabric liner.
Pros of 22 mini - cute and easy to pack for trips.

Attachments

• IMG_9599.jpeg
    IMG_9599.jpeg
    269.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9596.jpeg
    IMG_9596.jpeg
    296.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9595.jpeg
    IMG_9595.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 14
I would definitely go with the classic mini instead of the 31 bag. It’s truly an investment piece and you can get more use out of a rectangular or square mini.

For those comparing 22 mini to 31. I bought a 31 mini (small shopping bag on Chanel’s website) to replace my 22 mini in hope that the quilted 31 bag can stand the test of time and normal usage.
Cons of 22 mini - If you don’t pull the drawstrings, the bag stays open. If you pull the drawstrings and carry heavier items too often, the bag gets deformed. The leather will become wrinkled (creases, dents) or even cracked. The place where the stitched leather meets the inner lining will create an horizontal indentation on the bag. The weight will also make the outer leather larger than the inner fabric liner.
Pros of 22 mini - cute and easy to pack for trips.

Attachments

• IMG_9705.jpeg
    IMG_9705.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: ButchChanel