Yay or Nay? A Bayswater for my first designer bag?

mcmxcii

May 16, 2010
Hi everyone, am getting my first designer bag! Am wondering whether a baywater would make a good work bag for a first timer. I'm worried that i'll need to fumble around with the flap while trying to get my wallet/keys, and look like a klutz. Sounds silly, but I tried the bag in the store and the flap didn't seem easy to handle. :P

Hi and welcome!

I love the Bays style and agree that it would be an excellent work bag. You do get used to using the flap and it becomes quite easy. What colour are you thinking of getting?

The oak achieves an amazing patina that darkens over time. The black starts off matte but then turns glossy like an oil slick - it's beautiful! Can't go wrong either. ;)

Yay!! I adore my oak Bays. Makes me feel really specail when I carry it. I bought it for work, but it is still off duty as I start mid August. It's excellent for other occasions too! Can't go wrong...

I think the Bayswater is a great first bag. It's my workhorse bag - it can carry a lot and can be dressed up or down depending on occasion.

In terms of the flap, I find that I don't actually close the bag very often. More often than not I just pull the flap over the front and don't bother with turning the lock to secure it in place. Maybe this is something I need to start doing...