YAY! My very first MJ bag is here! MJ Putty Stam (ro for pics!)

jadecee

Jun 8, 2006
As some of you might know, I was highly anticipating the arrival of my very first Stam and my very first foray into the world of Marc Jacobs.

I posted this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/your-first-time-with-marc-jacobs-176542.html

As I was also very interested in hearing how other PFers entered the world of MJ.

For me - it was a picture of Jessica Stam holding the Putty Stam that did me in. In the picture is what is in my opinion - the perfect neutral light coloured bag. The kind of colour that my bag collection was missing. I was also at a point in my life where I'm seeking leather bags that are quality but aren't high maintenance. MJ bags looked like a great blend of gorgeous style and hardy leather that doesn't scratch or fade easily and I don't have to freak out about weather conditions to take out and enjoy.

Anyhoo... without further ado, let me introduce you to my new to me Marc Jacobs Putty Stam! :heart:

jadecee002copy.jpg

jadecee003copy.jpg

jadecee004copy.jpg

jadecee005copy.jpg

I'm like a kid in a candy store right now - just grinning from ear to ear! I am SOOOO thrilled with this MJ Stam. :yahoo:I absolutely adore the colour combination of the Putty with the gorgeous blue suede interior and the gold hardware. It is just so very very lovely. :love::girlsigh:

Here are some more exterior shots:
jadecee008.jpg

jadecee009.jpg

jadecee011.jpg

WOOHOO!!! :tup: Thanks everyone for letting me share and special thanks to those of you who shared in my excitement while waiting for this Stam to arrive and for sharing your experience of your "first time" with Marc Jacobs! :heart:

I'd also like to do a special shoutout to thithi and chloe.clementine. THANKS GALS!!! :flowers:

And now for the last few shots I have to share for today... interior shots of the fabulously luxe blue suede interior!!!

jadecee013.jpg

jadecee014.jpg

Thanks thithi! I can't get over how PERFECT the putty colour is!

melly - I was really lucky and just as I started searching I found this on eBay. There's actually a BNWT Putty Stam on eBay right now being sold by a fellow PFer. I think asking for more than original retail but totally a judgement call on whether it's worth it for a Brand Spanking New one since current retail is now higher. But at least whoever wins it can feel assured by the fact it's being sold by a fellow PFer.

wow, that's gorgeous, what year is this stam?? it's so pretty an the interior in blue suede. do they make em like this still?? or is this from a year or two ago?

wow, that's gorgeous, what year is this stam?? it's so pretty an the interior in blue suede. do they make em like this still?? or is this from a year or two ago?

Putty Stams are from the Resort 2005 collection. I don't believe you can purchase them at stores anymore but they do show up on eBay every once in a while. Jadecee pointed out that there is one on eBay now but the starting bid is $200 above retail. :Push:

what a beautiful bag! thank you so much for giving me so many pictures to drool over.... i'd tell you to make sure to get good use out of it, but i don't think that'll be a problem... love it:yahoo: