Yay! Just ordered my Mavis!

viciouslips

Feb 6, 2009
Just wanted to share and thank everyone who contributed to the discussion about getting a Mavis bag.

I ordered it from the Chloe @ The Palazzo in Las Vegas. They didn't have it in stock, so David called the distribution and got me a small one which he says looks exactly like the one on the Saks website, which is weird. But keeping my fingers crossed that I will like it. I originally wanted to order it from Bloomingdales, but it seems that the Mavis is a Saks exclusive.

It was on discount for 40% off, so that's wonderful! I'll post pictures when I get it which should be about 14 days from now. Hurrah!

Wonderful! Congratulations! You will totally love her. I haven't seen a small, but if your concern is practical rather than looks, I can assure you that the Mavis is a really capable go-to bag that holds WAY more than it looks like she would. Congratulations!!!!!

Argh! So sorry to disappoint guys but I got a mail today from Davit at the Las Vegas store saying there was an error in the distribution center and that there was NO black medium Mavis, only the large one and the only ones they have now are the beige ones or something. I can't get the large Mavis because it's to big for me.

I am so terribly disappointed. I was really looking forward to it and have been pining over the Mavis in black for ages :sad: I don't know if I should be angry or just terribly upset.

viciouslips, maybe push him to look a little harder? Chanel123 posted something a while back about Chloe doing free transfers between stores, even internationally. That said, I have only seen the large black Mavis in my store, so maybe the mediums just aren't out there. But maybe there are at some other European stores? Chanel123 might have some useful advice on this.