Yay! Firebird Teri on the way...

Pigen

aka Camilla
O.G.
May 8, 2007
Oops! I was supposed to be on a bag ban, but when I saw the Firebird Teri on eBay I just had to break the ban and hit BIN :shame:

Hope this Firebird turns out to be in good condition irl too - I'm a bit freaked after reading littlerock80's sad Firebird Bowler story... :sweatdrop:

d9da_1.jpg

congrats! i love the firebird color. is it the picture? i thought the firebird color was a brighter red? it looks a little like cordovan to me. anyway, i can't wait to see your pics!

congrats! i love the firebird color. is it the picture? i thought the firebird color was a brighter red? it looks a little like cordovan to me. anyway, i can't wait to see your pics!

Yes, it's the bag in the picture that I bought. I really hope that it is Firebird and not Cordovan - I was after a bright red bag but the colour does look a bit dark. The tag in the picture says Firebird Red, so maybe it's just the lighting!

I'll post pictures of my own when I receive the bag :smile:

I agree that this is DEF Firebird red as I also had a Teri in Firebird and it was this exact same bag, I have also had a bag in the cordovan and that red it muted- not as bright.

My question to everyone is why was the Firebird color of my Teri bag COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than the Firebird Bowler that I had. The Teri I had was so beautiful- a bright but deep ble red that was stunning! But the Bowler that I had in what was supposed to be the same color was an orangy red. Even the stitching was different. The stitching on the Teri was a matching red color but on the Bowler it was a brown stitching. Can anyone explain this?

Neither of these were cordovan- I know for a fact as I am very familiar with that color. They both had the older turnlocks/ writing and both the lining was the same with the black/ off white (yellowy) letters.

Were these two bags made differently? Maybe they re-did the Teri in Firebird and the color came out better?? I am SO confused..

Any help would be awesome.

I agree that this is DEF Firebird red as I also had a Teri in Firebird and it was this exact same bag, I have also had a bag in the cordovan and that red it muted- not as bright.

My question to everyone is why was the Firebird color of my Teri bag COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than the Firebird Bowler that I had. The Teri I had was so beautiful- a bright but deep ble red that was stunning! But the Bowler that I had in what was supposed to be the same color was an orangy red. Even the stitching was different. The stitching on the Teri was a matching red color but on the Bowler it was a brown stitching. Can anyone explain this?

Neither of these were cordovan- I know for a fact as I am very familiar with that color. They both had the older turnlocks/ writing and both the lining was the same with the black/ off white (yellowy) letters.

Were these two bags made differently? Maybe they re-did the Teri in Firebird and the color came out better?? I am SO confused..

Any help would be awesome.

My firebird tina is a vibrant red, the stitching is a dark maroon, almost brown looking stitching.

there are probably other inconsistencies that we have missed too with MbyMJ bags

^ That's funny, Gung was posting about this same situation with two bags that she recieved, both were firebird, but were completely different reds.

Anywho,Gorgeous Teri! Can't wait for pics!