Yara Shahidi

Lounorada

May 1, 2014
I had to create a thread for this talented, intelligent and beautiful young woman, Yara Shahidi. :smile:

I'm going to start off the thread with this video of Yara speaking a few months ago during the closing plenary of the 2016 Conference on Volunteering and Service in Detroit.
She is a breath of fresh air to listen to, wise beyond her years and a great role model for girls her age (and grown women too). I adore her!

It's hard to believe she's only 16yrs old, when you hear her speaking so eloquently and with such confidence :amuse:...
(Yara appears on stage around the 3.19 mark)

OMG!! Thank you thank you thank you for this. I love her too, for the exact reasons you mentioned. She really is polished and a breath of fresh air in an industry overrun by overly sexualized non-cerebrals. I will have to watch the video from home tonight. Just wanted to say thank you for starting this thread.
As an added bonus for me, she's half Persian, so she does us proud!

Attending the 2016 Vanity Fair Social Club For Emmy Weekend at PLATFORM on September 17, 2016 in Culver City, California.
Wearing a Philipp Plein suit / Jennifer Fisher & David Yurman jewellery.

Zimbio
Yara+Shahidi+2016+Vanity+Fair+Social+Club+h2-ntg5FlNYx.jpg Yara+Shahidi+2016+Vanity+Fair+Social+Club+02xHBq_onZYx.jpg Yara+Shahidi+2016+Vanity+Fair+Social+Club+6EKxLanfHJ-x.jpg

Attending the 68th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards at Microsoft Theater on September 18, 2016 in Los Angeles, California.
Wearing a MIAU by Clara Rotescu dress / Jason of Beverly Hills jewellery / Judith Leiber clutch.

Zimbio
Yara+Shahidi+68th+Annual+Primetime+Emmy+Awards+H0ZjavX91JFx.jpg
Yara+Shahidi+68th+Annual+Primetime+Emmy+Awards+Qho5pVmA48Ix.jpg

Activist Yara Shahidi speaks during a panel discussion at Glamour Hosts "A Brighter Future: A Global Conversation on Girls' Education" with First Lady Michelle ***** at The Newseum on October 11, 2016 in Washington, DC.

Zimbio
Yara+Shahidi+Glamour+Hosts+Brighter+Future+kDuA7cd818Vx.jpg Yara+Shahidi+Glamour+Hosts+Brighter+Future+TNyiCtNXh6sx.jpg Yara+Shahidi+Glamour+Hosts+Brighter+Future+Q2A9tsKN44mx.jpg Yara+Shahidi+Glamour+Hosts+Brighter+Future+uS2oY667r_wx.jpg Yara+Shahidi+Glamour+Hosts+Brighter+Future+HhRu0-P2yKEx.jpg Yara+Shahidi+Glamour+Hosts+Brighter+Future+92IrwY2iV-Sx.jpg Yara+Shahidi+Glamour+Hosts+Brighter+Future+0KZjLvVTdBDx.jpg

Attending 'NYLON Nights Los Angeles', in celebration of the October It Girl issue hosted by cover star Tinashe, at Doheny Room on October 13, 2016 in West Hollywood, California.
Wearing a Zimmermann dress / Naeem Khan clutch / Stuart Weitzman shoes.

Zimbio
Yara+Shahidi+NYLON+Nights+Los+Angeles+Celebration+f1uoMourhGbx.jpg Yara+Shahidi+NYLON+Nights+Los+Angeles+Celebration+OYgHS5i92vzx.jpg Yara+Shahidi+Celebrities+Seen+Outside+Doheny+LE-FE8eoV_Ox.jpg

Attending the 23rd Annual ELLE Women In Hollywood Awards on October 24, 2016 in Los Angeles, California.
Wearing a Stella McCartney outfit / Jacquie Aiche jewellery.

Zimbio
Yara+Shahidi+23rd+Annual+ELLE+Women+Hollywood+MaYNfzi_CUex.jpg
Yara+Shahidi+23rd+Annual+ELLE+Women+Hollywood+HWQWjWoNxLYx.jpg