Yachtmaster vs Submariner

Which watch should i get

• TT RG Yachtmaster Chocolate Dial 40

• Starbucks Subarminer

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.
Where I live there are huge lists for Sports models except for the 37 size as all the men want larger watches and a lot of women gravitate to the Classic models. It only took 2-3 months from expressing interest with my SA to purchasing. Hopefully you can find one to try soon. I find the YM37 wears even smaller than my OP36, probably because the YM has an 18mm bracelet vs 20mm for the OP36. To me the YM37 is while sporty, quite feminine :girlsigh: - you need to try it!

The panthère is so lovely and such a comfortable bracelet! Probably the most comfy bracelet I have ever worn. But yes, quartz...the watch snob in me just could not do it...silly, I know. It looks lovely with your Clash - the medium in RG two tone with diamond bezel is my favourite :heart: . Keep us updated :smile:
What made you pick the medium and not the small? I haven't tried on the small yet, but it might look better on me~ I do appreciate the medium being easier to read (not that we're reading time off our watches anymore).

What made you pick the medium and not the small? I haven't tried on the small yet, but it might look better on me~ I do appreciate the medium being easier to read (not that we're reading time off our watches anymore).
Well despite telling you the Sub and YM40 looked too large, I am actually not a fan of tiny watches lol. They are more of a bracelet look imo. I am old school in that I do use my watch to see the time! The medium was more petite than I am used to, so I didn't consider S or mini. I think the M looks perfect on your wrist :yes:

• Wow
Reactions: gainzilla
Just throwing this out there, but have you seen the 36mm Rolex Explorer? It's considered a "one watch" piece, goes with pretty much anything, unisex and fits your wrist. Simple, no frills but a classic.

More at 5:31

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 3.29.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 3.29.26 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Just throwing this out there, but have you seen the 36mm Rolex Explorer? It's considered a "one watch" piece, goes with pretty much anything, unisex and fits your wrist. Simple, no frills but a classic.

More at 5:31

Thanks! I just finished watching. I have seen the explorer in person, but I think it looked too utilitarian to me. Maybe in a different color dial (maybe green). Is it bad my daily is still my swatch >.< There's so many round face watches that I think I can take my time finding one that suits me. I am mostly a bracelet gal, so I figured the panthere with its beautiful bracelet and square face would also be a top contender to my ultimate collection of 3 - count em - 3 watches.

Reactions: hammerofdawn
I haven't voted yet because I feel both of these are too large for your wrist which leads me to wonder whether they can even be sized down small enough to suit you.
Style wise, if you can only have one, I like the Yachtmaster, more of a go with anything watch. The Starbucks Submariner is great if you have a collection your rotate through.
I love the Panthere on you! It's a bracelet that tells time. Gorgeous!

Which one do you have? I cannot decide between Venus (as I love pink) or Mercury (as it more closely resembles the Omega). Luckily they are well stocked in the Swatch boutique in my city!

I had the Mercury on a custom strap until I lost it a couple of months ago. I was wearing it 90% of the time and it held really well. No problems wearing it in the shower unlike the real speedmasters. It's sold out here in NYC and people are asking too much for it in the local marketplace. I'm thinking about the Neptune as well because I wear blue a lot.

Reactions: sleepydoc.
I had the Mercury on a custom strap until I lost it a couple of months ago. I was wearing it 90% of the time and it held really well. No problems wearing it in the shower unlike the real speedmasters. It's sold out here in NYC and people are asking too much for it in the local marketplace. I'm thinking about the Neptune as well because I wear blue a lot.
Oh that's too bad you lost it :sad:

I think I’m sold on a candy pink or Tiffany blue oyster perpetual. I tried on the green for scale, but I’m not too sold on the color. Another question: do I look better in the small or medium panthere?

Attachments

• IMG_3253.jpeg
    IMG_3253.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3255.jpeg
    IMG_3255.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3259.jpeg
    IMG_3259.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 65
Leaning towards the medium but it's hard to say without seeing an overall view of everything. I'd be careful with getting bright trendy colors for something long term. Also Rolexes are really solid watches compared to other brands for reliability. I'm almost done with Omega Speedmasters for having problems with water getting in. Automatic watches can be passed on for many generations while quartz could last a few generations I think.

• Wow
Reactions: gainzilla