Yachtmaster vs Submariner

Which watch should i get

• TT RG Yachtmaster Chocolate Dial 40

• Starbucks Subarminer

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.
I didn’t mean by the Easylink adjustment or Glidelock. I’m not sure what the term is, but I was referencing adjusting the pin placement in the clasp from the smallest to largest stations. I only have Sub/DJ models, but I assumed that most models must have the easy self-adjustment by adjusting the pin placement in the clasp? It is significant enough that it can adjust my watches in a range from falling off over my hand to fitting my 13.5 inch wrist. I figure that if I can adjust it myself, anyone can do it, because I am not good/patient with that sort of thing at all.
Oh yes, that is true! My vintage Explorer has the pins which are accessible from the outside of the clasp and are very easy to self adjust. There are about 8 different holes. My newer Rolex models have a different clasp - on my YM and my OP there are only 3 different pin holes and they are not adjustable from the outside of the clasp. You can still move it yourself but it is easier with a tool. I think for wrists with a considerable size difference one would still need to remove / add links. Luckily the OP and her husband have similar wrist sizes. Very convenient!

Thought I would post a pic of my YM too ;)

Other pic is vintage Explorer

Attachments

• IMG_1895.jpeg
    IMG_1895.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6859.jpeg
    IMG_6859.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 40
Oh yes, that is true! My vintage Explorer has the pins which are accessible from the outside of the clasp and are very easy to self adjust. There are about 8 different holes. My newer Rolex models have a different clasp - on my YM and my OP there are only 3 different pin holes and they are not adjustable from the outside of the clasp. You can still move it yourself but it is easier with a tool. I think for wrists with a considerable size difference one would still need to remove / add links. Luckily the OP and her husband have similar wrist sizes. Very convenient!

Thank you! I learned something new! I am being so converted on these yummy neutral YMs! I love yours.

• Love
Reactions: sleepydoc.

I just checked my newer watches and you’re right, the adjustment is totally different 😅
Ok now I feel like I need to add a YM. What did this thread do to me?! 😘
I love this forum. We all have room to learn and grow, and in turn we can educate each other and give valuable insights from our experience.

I personally like the YM yes! (I have one) I see you were also able to try the YM slate / Platinum :yes: However if you are ever planning on selling the Sub will definitely have better re sale. It is sought after in the Rolex community whereas the YM not so much. You may know this but I thought I would point it out just in case. One other thing - I know watch size is super personal (and you didn't ask) but imo these are both overwhelmingly large on your wrist. I would like to see the YM37 on you!

I personally like the YM yes! (I have one) I see you were also able to try the YM slate / Platinum :yes: However if you are ever planning on selling the Sub will definitely have better re sale. It is sought after in the Rolex community whereas the YM not so much. You may know this but I thought I would point it out just in case. One other thing - I know watch size is super personal (and you didn't ask) but imo these are both overwhelmingly large on your wrist. I would like to see the YM37 on you!

Thanks for your insight! I love stories so always interesting to hear other people's perspectives and potentially new information. You've got good timing because I've been increasingly interested in smaller face watches like the cartier panthere in medium or small (gasp! quartz movement). the 40+mm face watches look too cartoonish on me the more I try on the models. I'll post here if I manage to try on a 37mm YM. Here's me trying on the medium panthere muahaha.

1704335362015.png

Where I live there are huge lists for Sports models except for the 37 size as all the men want larger watches and a lot of women gravitate to the Classic models. It only took 2-3 months from expressing interest with my SA to purchasing. Hopefully you can find one to try soon. I find the YM37 wears even smaller than my OP36, probably because the YM has an 18mm bracelet vs 20mm for the OP36. To me the YM37 is while sporty, quite feminine :girlsigh: - you need to try it!

The panthère is so lovely and such a comfortable bracelet! Probably the most comfy bracelet I have ever worn. But yes, quartz...the watch snob in me just could not do it...silly, I know. It looks lovely with your Clash - the medium in RG two tone with diamond bezel is my favourite :heart: . Keep us updated :smile:

• Love
Reactions: gainzilla