* XL Julia hobo reveal.....comparison to reg julia *

I love big bags but I think the smaller one looks better on you. The leather has that WOW factor which allows a smaller bag to have larger impact, if that makes sense.

ITA!

I ordered the emerald XL because I did not want anything smaller than the floral emb. Maggie, and that is smaller than I like. Seeing this I know it will be too big for me at 5'1", but I'm hoping the pebble leather slouches more, and I can pull it off somehow. Otherwise, I guess I'm stuck with the regular size!

OP, the regular size looks great on you! CONGRATS!!!

The gunmetal Julia probaly seems a bit smaller to me because the bag is slimmer and the sides are stiffer compared to my floral embroidered Maggie, which causes the Julia to fit a bit snug underneath my arm. I think that the emerald XL will definitely have more slouch to it due to the peppled leather. I hope that the emerald XL works out for you!

Last edited:
wow, that XL is gigantic! the comparison pic of the inside is almost comical.

ita with all the others weighing in, the regular sz suits your frame much better. Lovely bag!

The gunmetal Julia probaly seems a bit smaller to me because the bag is slimmer and the sides are stiffer compared to my floral embroidered Maggie, which causes the Julia to fit a bit snug underneath my arm. I think that the emerald XL will definitely have more slouch to it due to the peppled leather. I hope that the emerald XL works out for you!

Thanks and thanks for that analysis! I guess I just should have ordered both of them, dang it! :P

Thanks and thanks for that analysis! I guess I just should have ordered both of them, dang it! :P

You're most welcome, Baglady39. I'm starting to second guess myself with regards to not having ordered both sizes of the Julia as well :sweatdrop: Here are some quick comparison photos that I took of the gunmetal Julia and floral embroidered Maggie... please note that the Julia has extra stuffing in it, which is causing the bag's sides to bulge out a bit:

2010_0325CoachGunmetalJulia20003.jpg

2010_0325CoachGunmetalJulia20004.jpg

** Sorry, Spacytracy.... I didn't mean to hijack your reveal thread :flowers: **

^^no, no worries at all...I too was wondering the size comparison and since I didn't have the maggie I couldn't compare. I really like the regular size Julia but after seeing all the beautiful pics of the Jordana I'm really second guessing myself. Does anyone have a comparison pic of the Jordana and the Maggie?

You're most welcome, Baglady39. I'm starting to second guess myself with regards to not having ordered both sizes of the Julia as well :sweatdrop: Here are some quick comparison photos that I took of the gunmetal Julia and floral embroidered Maggie... please note that the Julia has extra stuffing in it, which is causing the bag's sides to bulge out a bit:

2010_0325CoachGunmetalJulia20003.jpg

2010_0325CoachGunmetalJulia20004.jpg

** Sorry, Spacytracy.... I didn't mean to hijack your reveal thread :flowers: **

WOW, thank you so much for the beautiful pics!! Both of your bags are gorgeous!!

Well, I received my XL, and WOW, no matter what I do, it does swallow me whole!! I'm only 5'1", so it's REALLY HUUUUGEEEEE!! :nuts: I like big bags, but somehow I feel that I can pull off something like the Kristin tote (old style) better than this...the Kristin was also a bag my DH told me looks way too large for me, and it is, but it's a tote style. I always feel differently about hobos. I'm sort of at a loss what to do still because I wasn't crazy about the small Maggie size. I have a feeling the small will be too small, so I would want something between this size and the smaller size! However, no matter what, I do not like the texture on the bag I received. It has less pebble grain texture overall than what I have seen posted on here, but then on one strap, the pebbly texture is very thick compared to the other strap, which is totally smooth...and on one side of the bag it's pretty smooth. The panels are not matched well at all, and this overall turns me off (I tend to be picky with texture). So this one will definitely go back. It's just a question of whether I should just go with the regular size or stick with the XL. I have to say that putting my stuff in my bag to see what it's like, I'm not sure I want the smaller version. The height to the center of the bag with my stuff in it is ~11", so I feel that the smaller one would put my stuff too near the top of the bag....IDK...:-s I feel this size fits what I carry well, but it's the overall shape of the bag that makes it seem huge to me.

^^no, no worries at all...I too was wondering the size comparison and since I didn't have the maggie I couldn't compare. I really like the regular size Julia but after seeing all the beautiful pics of the Jordana I'm really second guessing myself. Does anyone have a comparison pic of the Jordana and the Maggie?

I have the Jordana here and as small as a regular (large) size Maggie, but I'm not sure that would help if you are looking to compare the smaller size like the embroidered Maggie. If you would like to see comparison pics with the Jordana and regular (large) or XL Maggie, I can post those later...just let me know!

Here's my XL with contents I pulled out of my other bag. Hanging it seems to fit my contents pretty well. However, I would not normally carry the top handle pouch, but use the Legacy st. kisslock cosmetic case instead. In this case, I needed to take up extra space with the other bag I was carrying, so I used that one instead.

Attachments

• julia.jpg
    julia.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 95
  • julia 2.jpg
    julia 2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 95