x

Status
Not open for further replies.

natalia.marie

Eskimo
Apr 12, 2011
I have a x. I do love her, but I'm unsure... I do kindof like the bigger bags a bit better. But this one is in really good condition, chevre (which I prefer) and a lovely blue color.

I x and have had a few people interested. I'm so undecided whether to let the auction go through and see if anyone bids or to cancel it before it ends.

Can you get a larger (part time, work or city) bag second hand for £500/$800 ish? One that is a colour, in good condition, and chevre leather? Or should I be glad for what I have?

I can't afford to put more money towards buying a new one, so whatever amount this sells for is my whole budget.

What do you guys think, keep or sell?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new to this and just read the rules, I'm not sure if my original question was in violation of the rules because of the mention of my budget and ebay :S sorry sorry sorry sorry if it is. I tried to edit it to take those out but its past the 15 minutes

^^^ Ooooh, I don't know about that!

The moderators will sort it out - you've apologised for your possible boo-boo, so they will let you know if it's not OK and they will edit out your relevant comments as necessary.

You can definitely get Bal bags for about that price you are looking at, but they won't necessarily be in mint condition. Probably well-used, but without all the dreadful rubbing at corners. There is one City in an Australian consignment store called Recollections: the online website is called Secondhandposh, I believe. It's a chocolate RH City - no torn corners, looks good, very soft, it's chevre and no, it's not mine! It's AUD$660, so much less than what you are looking at - it is in good, used condition, but it is NOT in mint condition.

I think it'd be possible to get a PT for that price - not sure about a work, as this generally costs more than a PT of the same colour, hardware and year... but you never know, Bonanza and eBay sometimes have these great deals.

I think even if you love the colour of your present Bal bag, if you don't like the size and most of all - you are not using the bag, then let it go. In my mind, there is no point having a beautiful bag in mint condition in a gorgeous colour if you are not using it (mint condition tells me you've not even used your bag!). Better to sell it to someone who will use it, and you have the money to get one that you will actually use.

I've been down the same path as you have - had a few gorgeous bags that are in perfect condition, rare colour and hardware, not used them (because they are so perfect/mint/too heavy/too small/too big) and had them sitting in my cupboard. I've sold most of them now (still have a few to let go, which I am doing bag by bag as I slowly replace them with colours in the styles I now prefer), and am glad to have done so, so that I have the cash ready when I spot the bag that I will really use.

Chevre, while gorgeous, isn't the only way:smile:. I used to think "only chevre for me", but I have purchased some agneau, which has been absolutely phenomenal; once it broke in after a week's use, it has become so silky and puddly that even Bal sales staff have said some of my bags feel and look like the best chevre from Bal.

Everyone will have a different take on your query, so I'm sure you'll have lots of ideas soon, and you'll be able to make up your mind.

Good luck!

Please do not post details about what you're trying to sell. If you need help with pricing, feel free to search completed listings on ebay and Bonanzle :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.