X*x*x*x* breaking news x*x*x*x*

Wow Jenova. I know you change them over a good deal but do you still use them all or are them some that you haven't used for a long time?

I see you have quite a few BEs. I'm waiting for my first LM pewter bespoke and am considering one more WTMmidi in purple. Just a bit nervous of the quality and hardwearingness (I know thats not a word but its the best way I can think of expressing what I mean!). What is your opinion?

Wow Jenova. I know you change them over a good deal but do you still use them all or are them some that you haven't used for a long time?

I see you have quite a few BEs. I'm waiting for my first LM pewter bespoke and am considering one more WTMmidi in purple. Just a bit nervous of the quality and hardwearingness (I know thats not a word but its the best way I can think of expressing what I mean!). What is your opinion?

I have fossilized some of the Bals because I fear that I may need to sell them to raise funds and want to keep them in top condition. I wear some of the other Bals but I am a bit unnerved by the recession and the idea that I may draw desperate eyes to me so I am sticking to more unassuming and heavily used RH Bal bags.

I use only about 4 of the Choes but I have fewer of them anyway. Some of them, particularly Ollie and my Front Pocket Paddy, are very heavy.

I was going to dispose of quite a lot of Mulberry but fell back in love with many of them when I took them out for inspection. Mulberry seems to fit the spirit of Brighton somehow.

I bought the BEs because of their anonimity and lower price (many are samples, sale buys or group bespokes). I thought that they would be less likely to get me into trouble in a new and unknown city. Since then the prices have gone up and now exceed lower end full price Mulberry and definitely higher than outlet bags. I am not so keen to buy now.

I am also concerned by the wear I am seeing early on on quite a few of my BE bags. My test of a bag is whether I can work scratches, scuffs and wear back in with a bit of spit (literally) and polish. That is why I like Mulberry and pre 08 Balenciaga - they better with use.

I think that the BE Matte leather, particularly the chocolate and black is pretty hard wearing. The Tan may be too but it keeps being changed. The finer Mattes, such as Dark Grey seem a bit more fragile. I think that they will increase in beauty but will not last 'forever' as a Mulberry would. They might last as long as a Bal?

I have real issues with Sheens and Glossies as the corner rub tends to be worse, particularly on some colours, and it happens sooner than it should. The Crash bags vary as you know with Black and Pewter seeming to be stronger, followed by Choc and with Plum the worst. My experience of Mottled Gold is bad.

There have been quite a lot of complaints about mismatched leather recently which one hopes that BE will address. The hardware is also of significantly lower quality than Mulberry.

I would be selective.

Wow J, that's a great haul and I love the number of Balenciagas you have.

Out of all the brands which do you think are better quality or is it based on a certain style of bag?

I always wonder how people with an aladdins cave of bags get on with them all, if some just sit there and never get used.

I feel like a sad specimen of person when I struggle to use the 6 I have lol :lol: Actually I have about 10 but 3 of these are non designer, one is from Charles Tyrwhitt (overnighter) and 2 are from Floto - luggage bags (supreme leather and craftsmenship, I think when prada moved their production to china, Floto reinstated their italian bag crew to produce their bags).

^^Jenova, do some of your bags live in the cupboard under the stairs like Harry Potter? :amuse:

My current collection of Mulberries fits nicely in my wardrobe but when I had 14 it was rather tight. There isn't any other space I could use to store my bags in this house so if I should ever be so lucky to have as many as Jenova and Ellie I shall have to convince DH to get a bigger house! :lol:

^^Jenova, do some of your bags live in the cupboard under the stairs like Harry Potter? :amuse:

:lol:

I devote the cupboard under my stairs to cat food and litter storage. My bags live in wardrobes, what should be my linen cupboard and in boxes under my bed. Luckily Bals flat pack extremely well.

Gosh I just come back to this thread - didn't know you were talking about Jenova's collection!

75 over 4years = 18-19bags per year... Jenova

110 over 8years = 13-14bags per year... Ellie

Jenova your net turnover curve is steeper than Ellie!!