WTF??? Is this normal???--Purchasing LOUIS VUITTON at Saks???

Do any of you know if all the tags/booklets/box/dustbag ALWAYS come with purchases from the LV website? Like I said, I was thrilled to see everything that came with this new bracelet... I've ordered from Gucci's website before, and the same thing... I got a box, dustbag, tags, booklet...etc...

Thanks for all your help! :smile:

I have to order online, no LV in my state.... I have always gotten the whole *shebang*. Box, dustbag, cards etc... some things do not come with care cards. The only time I didn't get everything (just no style no. cards and a slightly damaged strap) was ordering a Totally bag, it was clearly used/ a return... It was the only think I've received not impeccable, I was upset so if I could help it I would buy in the store. It did come with a box and dustbag and all receipts of course though. You just need to be more upfront about what you want. I think every store/clerk is different?? Or so it seems. :smile:

Usually when I buy from a boutique, I get a nice box as well as the bag (my SAs know that I prefer that!). When I bought the Galliera, the box was one of those clumsy collapsable things. I discovered it when I got home and brought it right back to the store - I don't need a box anyway, I just like them, so I didn't ask for a replacement.

When I purchase from Saks, I get the LV dust bag with a Saks box and a Saks shopping bag - except for my last purchase (a Sarah black MC wallet) when I got an LV dust cover, box, and shopping bag!

I guess that it just varies from time to time.

I bought an Artsy MM from the LV website. I paid $35 extra for overnight shipping and when it arrived I was SHOCKED! Not only did the bag look used (the handle was wrinkly underneath and the inside had marks in the lining. There were also obvious scratches on the gold rings) but it came packaged in a box that was not put together properly, the bag was falling out of it, the dustbag was folded up inside the bag instead of the bag being in it, and it was folded over to fit in the too small, falling apart box! There were creases on the side of the bag where you could see it had been folded for awhile! I couldnt believe it would be shipped that way. Even when Ive purchased cheaper Coach bags online they came in the dustbag, wrapped in tissue paper, in a nice box and tied with ribbon. I was so upset that I ended up driving way out of my way (which is what I had hoped to avoid by ordering online) and had to exchange it at the LV store! It did have the tags and receipt, but no care card.

It always been inconsistent as to what comes with a bag. 10 years ago when I purchased my Zippy wallet, there were no dust bag for the SLGs, no tags, and no booklet. I don't believe any plain (not LE) monogram comes with booklet. Now if you purchase SLG, they come with dust bag... most of the time.

Here are the pieces I do have care booklet for (introduction to the collection, usually) Vernis Cosmetic pouch and it came with a cleaning cloth. Mahina XL in Bronz, my Groom Cles, my Cerise Pouchette, and maybe my MC speedy. I am hoping one will come with my Vernis RF Leopard ZCP.

Thanks for all the replies! Thanks for letting me know about the booklets, too...that makes sense since the bracelet I got is Vernis material and the other one that came with a care booklet was a canvas Antigua bag... I thought some Monogram Canvas bags come with them though??? Like, for example, the Cherry Blossom collection???

It just bothered me because every single time I bought something from LV at Saks, the packaging I got with it varied... Sometimes a box...sometimes not...sometimes tags...sometimes not...sometimes a care booklet...sometimes not. I think when I make my next purchase, I'll tell them it's a gift and ask them for all tags/boxes/booklets...etc.

What really bothered me, too, was when I was looking over the return form that came with my bracelet yesterday it said to return items you need the tags and original packaging... So I was thinking, what if I DID decide to send the other bracelet that was missing stones back...? Would there be a problem because I didn't HAVE any tags or anything to send back with it???

Do any of you know if all the tags/booklets/box/dustbag ALWAYS come with purchases from the LV website? Like I said, I was thrilled to see everything that came with this new bracelet... I've ordered from Gucci's website before, and the same thing... I got a box, dustbag, tags, booklet...etc...

I bought a bag on LV.com that did not come with a box. It doesn't bother me since you aren't supposed to store your bags in the box they would just end up sitting in my closet.

Thanks for all the replies! Thanks for letting me know about the booklets, too...that makes sense since the bracelet I got is Vernis material and the other one that came with a care booklet was a canvas Antigua bag... I thought some Monogram Canvas bags come with them though??? Like, for example, the Cherry Blossom collection???

It just bothered me because every single time I bought something from LV at Saks, the packaging I got with it varied... Sometimes a box...sometimes not...sometimes tags...sometimes not...sometimes a care booklet...sometimes not. I think when I make my next purchase, I'll tell them it's a gift and ask them for all tags/boxes/booklets...etc.

What really bothered me, too, was when I was looking over the return form that came with my bracelet yesterday it said to return items you need the tags and original packaging... So I was thinking, what if I DID decide to send the other bracelet that was missing stones back...? Would there be a problem because I didn't HAVE any tags or anything to send back with it???

the cherry blossom was a limited collection, so it probably would have a care booklet due to the silkscreening.

My first Neverfull that I purchased didn't come with a box, just a dust bag. It didn't come with a "care book" or "tag" either. Never heard of it. I bought mine at the actual Louis Vuitton store. I guess it depends on their stock of boxes.

I've purchased bags online and at the Macy's Herald Square in NYC. When I purchased it at Macy's I had to ask for a box otherwise they will not give you one. It did not come with a booklet and the tags were on the inside of the bag. When I ordered it online, the bags came with a box and a separate envelope with the receipt. No booklet and the tags were on the inside.

The only things that come with your purchase is the product and its dustbag. Anything else is optional. If you want a particular addition, such as a box or its ticket, you can request it.

I bought my first LV in 2003 in Australia, no box, no tags, only dustbag and the receipt. My most recent purchase I made in Hong Kong didn't come with a box or tags either. I buy my LV from LV boutiques.

I believe only monogram canvas, damier, azur pieces does not come with booklet. MC, vernis, mahina, LE, etc all come with booklet. BUT, sometimes the booklets are misplaced. I don't think LV thinks of the booklet being a big deal.... SAs often take out the tags when packing the bag for customer. Some of mine stuff did not come with a tag or booklet. I don't think it's a big deal. You don't need to give them the tags for return or exchange. Just the receipt.