WTF??? Is this normal???--Purchasing LOUIS VUITTON at Saks???

nchid2700

Nov 27, 2010
Ok...so my first LV bag I bought at the LV store in Saks Fifth Ave in NYC. Even though I personally bought it myself, it came in the dustbag, in it's box, and tied with a pretty bow and plastic cords to keep the box shut. Very well packaged and came in the LV shopping bag. It came with the two major tags that all LVs come with and store receipt but NO CARE BOOKLET OR ANY OTHER PAPERWORK...

My second LV I also bought at the LV store in Saks Fifth Ave in NYC. It came in a dustbag only, and in a LV shopping bag. I got the two major tags, care booklet, and store receipt but NO BOX OR ANY OTHER PAPERWORK!!!

My boyfriend recently bought me an LV "Flower Power" bracelet also at the LV store in Saks NYC... It was a gift and I didn't see him purchase it, so I wasn't aware of how they packaged it until we walked out of the store... IT WAS THE BRACELET ONLY, IN A DUSTBAG, IN A REGULAR SAKS FIFTH AVE BAG W/ STORE RECEIPT! THAT WAS IT!!! NO TAGS, NO CARE BOOKLET, NO BOX, NO LV BAG... I like having all appropriate paperwork in case I ever re-sell my items in the future, and also just to have for my own collection... AND AS IF THAT WASN'T BAD ENOUGH, AFTER I GOT HOME I REALIZED IT WAS MISSING TWO STONES ON THE CLOSURE!!! I was going to send it back, but when I called, they were very vague about it and I worried about something happening to it in sending it out. It didn't bother me too much, as it was on the underside, so I just dealt with it... Within the next 3 days, 3 more stones fell out!!! :sad:

Well today, I just received one of the new leopard print "Keep-It" bracelets in the mail, which I ordered from Louis Vuitton's website, and i was BEYONDDD thrilled with it! It came packaged so nicely...I got a nice envelope-like thing for the receipt, paperwork, return form, gift card. The bracelet not only came in a dustbag, but in a BOX. as well, along with the two tags and care cards...

ISN'T THIS HOW ALL LV ITEMS SHOULD BE PACKAGED??? I MEAN, GIVEN THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THEY COST, SHOULDN'T THEY ALL COME WITH NECESSARY PAPERWORK/PACKAGING? OR DO YOU HAVE TO SPECIALLY ASK FOR A BOX/TAGS/CARECARD AT STORES LIKE SAKS??? Please inform me, because I'm looking to buy a few new LV bags in the future. Would it be better to go to the actual LV store rather than Saks? Or order online??? Please let me know your suggestions because, aside from these items, all of my other LV items were purchased on ebay...

I have bought bags at LV stores that didnt come with boxes. A lot of times you have to ask for a box or they wont give you one, it is completely normal. What paperwork exactly are you talking about?

^^ITA. When I was at Saks San Antonio the other day, they were out of boxes. One of the Spurs was there purchasing a bag (Galliera) for his wife and they just wrapped it in a Saks Gift Box. What care tags are you talking about.

I've never gotten my bags/SLGs from Saks, but mine have always come with a dust bag and a box.

Heaven and Amy - The care booklet is just a small book that tells how the bag/SLG was made and the proper steps to maintain its appearance. To my knowledge, not all items come with a care booklet/card, though. The care booklets usually come with the LE items like Cerises, Graffiti, and other lines that require special care because of the way they were produced. I wouldn't be surprised if the new Leopard items come with this booklet.

I've never gotten my bags/SLGs from Saks, but mine have always come with a dust bag and a box.

Heaven and Amy - The care booklet is just a small book that tells how the bag/SLG was made and the proper steps to maintain its appearance. To my knowledge, not all items come with a care booklet/card, though. The care booklets usually come with the LE items like Cerises, Graffiti, and other lines that require special care because of the way they were produced. I wouldn't be surprised if the new Leopard items come with this booklet.

Thats what I was going to say, the only time I got a care booklet was with a LE item. Other than that, no paperwork other than the receipt.

I have bought bags at LV stores that didnt come with boxes. A lot of times you have to ask for a box or they wont give you one, it is completely normal. What paperwork exactly are you talking about?

ITA. LV is trying to go green, so if you want a box (esp. for bags), you have to ask for it.

Yes, like Heaven ^said, the only paperwork I've gotten was the receipt, and the two tags. The only time I've ever gotten a care booklet was with LE items, or multicolor, I think. The last two times I bought something at LV, they offered a box, but I didn't want one (no room in my closet). But I think if you request it and they have a box, they will give it to you.

I bought my Empreinte Artsy at Saks and they didn't give me a box, I didn't noticed that until I got home and It bugs me a little too. It would be so much better and now I have to store my lovely bag only in a dust bag.

I'm sorry but what are the tags?

There are two tags that are with each item:

1- One has the name of the item, price, and barcode.
2- The other has the type of material(s) the item is made of.

Many SAs remove these from the item when a customer purchases something and toss them in the trash. You can always ask to have them.

I have never had any tags, my SA's remove them and care booklets came only with LE and vernis. But all of my SLG and Inclusions came in Boxes. Though I have to ask for a box when I buy a bag. But honestly I don't store my bags in the box.

Thanks for all the replies! Thanks for letting me know about the booklets, too...that makes sense since the bracelet I got is Vernis material and the other one that came with a care booklet was a canvas Antigua bag... I thought some Monogram Canvas bags come with them though??? Like, for example, the Cherry Blossom collection???

It just bothered me because every single time I bought something from LV at Saks, the packaging I got with it varied... Sometimes a box...sometimes not...sometimes tags...sometimes not...sometimes a care booklet...sometimes not. I think when I make my next purchase, I'll tell them it's a gift and ask them for all tags/boxes/booklets...etc.

What really bothered me, too, was when I was looking over the return form that came with my bracelet yesterday it said to return items you need the tags and original packaging... So I was thinking, what if I DID decide to send the other bracelet that was missing stones back...? Would there be a problem because I didn't HAVE any tags or anything to send back with it???

Do any of you know if all the tags/booklets/box/dustbag ALWAYS come with purchases from the LV website? Like I said, I was thrilled to see everything that came with this new bracelet... I've ordered from Gucci's website before, and the same thing... I got a box, dustbag, tags, booklet...etc...

Thanks for all your help! :smile:

There are two tags that are with each item:

1- One has the name of the item, price, and barcode.
2- The other has the type of material(s) the item is made of.

Many SAs remove these from the item when a customer purchases something and toss them in the trash. You can always ask to have them.

Thanks!