Wristlets

LuvsElvis

O.G.
Aug 12, 2009
Hello to my fellow Coach Addicts!

I have a new question about wristlets! I posted the thread about wallets now I have at least one question about wristlets! I don't have any wristlets but I get tired of carrying a purse sometimes and a wallet can get bulky. My question would be what size would be good ? I have looked at some at the outlet and the FP store but haven't found one I really liked! I perused Nordstrom.com and found some but then saw them IRL and they look either too big or too small! Basically I would put my cell in it and if I could, a mini skinny! A few weeks back I was at the Coach outlet and spotted a cc holder. It was half off but still $35. It would have been ideal for the wristlet I found at the outlet. Also, leather vs. signature?

Thanks!!

Lynne :biggrin:

If you want to put your mini skinny inside your wristlet then you will need a large sized wristlet. It should also be able to fit your cell phone and some other things like chap stick etc.

Leather vs Signature is more of a personal choice. Some people like the signature fabric while others do not. They both hold up the same in my opinion. After use, they will both start to show wear. There isn't one that is better than the other.

I would go check out your local outlet because they always have tons of stock that is rotating. Also, it might be the case that a wristlet just doesn't fit your lifestyle. When I go to work and out shopping I need a bag so that I can put all of my stuff in it. It is only when I am at school that I can just use a wristlet.

I absolutely loooove my capacity wristlet.

It fits soo much - I can definitely fit a cell phone in there and a mini skinny with plenty of room to spare (like for lipgloss & compact). There's also a small pocket inside that I use to hold credit cards since I use the wristlet instead of a wallet. The strap can be used as a wristlet or connect to a metal loop on the other side to become a mini purse.

I only have a siggy one so I can't say anything about the leather ones except I'd probably get a leather one if I were to get another just for variety.

Wristlets are my bar buddies. Haha! When I go to a bar or restaurant and don't want to risk having my precious purse dirtied by food or drinks I bring a large/capacity wristlet instead. A great one is the rectangle shaped ones with a kisslock on top. I've attached some pics so you can see what they look like. These come in tons of colors and both leather and siggy. For me, these can hold a cell phone and possibly a mini skinny and some other small items like a lipstick or makeup compact. I've seen ladies fit their whole world in these wristlets.

My absolute favorite is the Penelope Spectator Wristlet. It has a zippered pocket on the front and some small pockets on the inside to stick cash, cards, and change into. It's almost like a mini purse.

I have a good collection of wristlets, but I admit I don't use them often. I prefer having my purse. Sometimes though it's nice to not have something hanging on your shoulder all the time.

Attachments

• Cricket Wristlet.jpg
    Cricket Wristlet.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Penelope Wristlet.jpg
    Penelope Wristlet.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 50
I have a legecy stripe wristlet... I bought just because it was cute. I didnt use it for much when I first got but now use it all the time. Its perfect for my iphone, change and debit card. Its also the perfect size to use as a wallet. It holds a ton, and its a nice size for your hand.

I think I would prefer a signature one over a leather....:biggrin:

Hello to my fellow Coach Addicts!

I have a new question about wristlets! I posted the thread about wallets now I have at least one question about wristlets! I don't have any wristlets but I get tired of carrying a purse sometimes and a wallet can get bulky. My question would be what size would be good ? I have looked at some at the outlet and the FP store but haven't found one I really liked! I perused Nordstrom.com and found some but then saw them IRL and they look either too big or too small! Basically I would put my cell in it and if I could, a mini skinny! A few weeks back I was at the Coach outlet and spotted a cc holder. It was half off but still $35. It would have been ideal for the wristlet I found at the outlet. Also, leather vs. signature?

Thanks!!

Lynne :biggrin:

I have a couple of the larger wristlets (one for summer, one for fall, one for nicer occasions...) and while I don't use them often they're always the perfect size for me. I wanted something small but by the time I put my keys, cell, cash, cards and lip gloss I realized I needed something a little larger... My personal fav is the signature Hampton capacity wristlet, I love the turn-lock opening! Good luck deciding!

I used my ergo pleated capacity wristlet a lot for school. Didn't want to haul a whole purse around with my art box and portfolio case. I have one in magenta and one in brown (chocolate?) Love them both. I also have a legacy wristlet that I used as well. It can't hold as much (it's not a capacity wristlet,) the leather is thicker and the wristlet has a more structured shape than the ergos. I just recently got a hamptons capacity wristlet that I will start using for this fall semester. I have to say I love the capacity wristlets because they have room for keys, phone, chapstick, cards, money and then some without being too bulky. I can stuff my ergo wristlets full and they don't look stuffed ;)

I have a Zoe patent wristlet that I love...put my cell phone and mini skinny in it and I'm off. I got it at the outlet back in January...haven't seen one since then (not that I've been looking). Unlike many others who adore it, the Zoe just doesn't work for me in the bag sizes...but the wristlet is perfect for me!