Wrinkled Nylon... Le Pliage?

mrskb81

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
I just got a Black Le Pliage (Nylon), from Sands Point, and it's quite wrinkled. Although it was neatly folded when it arrived, unfolded, it looks sort of like it was wadded up for a little while. I have the same in Navy, (also from SP), and it was just a bit wrinkled from being folded, but the worst of the wrinkles smoothed out with a little use. Is the Black one flawed, or will it actually look nicer after I've used it more?

I just got a Black Le Pliage (Nylon), from Sands Point, and it's quite wrinkled. Although it was neatly folded when it arrived, unfolded, it looks sort of like it was wadded up for a little while. I have the same in Navy, (also from SP), and it was just a bit wrinkled from being folded, but the worst of the wrinkles smoothed out with a little use. Is the Black one flawed, or will it actually look nicer after I've used it more?

I would think it will look ok after you use it for a while. I'll say that the last LP I bought was black and it feels thinner/flimsier than all of my other colors and I could see it wrinkling more easily.

I would think it will look ok after you use it for a while. I'll say that the last LP I bought was black and it feels thinner/flimsier than all of my other colors and I could see it wrinkling more easily.

That's funny...the Black one seems thicker than the Navy. I thought maybe that's why the wrinkles weren't working themselves out. Hmm..:P

I just emailed Sands Point Shop, and asked for their advice. My Navy is so perfect. I cant help but think there's something not right about this Black one. Since I'm still in the return window, perhaps I can just exchange it for another Black....

Could you try to steam it?

Also you could try washing it- I've washed mine inside a pillow case on the delicate cycle and they looked good as new.

I agree with Candy, and I have washed 4 of my LP in the washer also, on delicate cycle using Woolite. I put them on a hanger by the strap to dry and they come out fine. But the wrinkles also seem to disappear with frequent use.

I agree with Candy, and I have washed 4 of my LP in the washer also, on delicate cycle using Woolite. I put them on a hanger by the strap to dry and they come out fine. But the wrinkles also seem to disappear with frequent use.

Perhaps I should try that...The leather trims and straps turn out okay?

Perhaps I should try that...The leather trims and straps turn out okay?
Yes they turn out fine. I have had no problems with the straps or flap. After it completely dried, I put Apple Guard Conditioner on the leather straps and flap, to keep the leather from drying out in the future. I also spray by LP bags with Apple Guard Rain & Stain Repellent!

Yes they turn out fine. I have had no problems with the straps or flap. After it completely dried, I put Apple Guard Conditioner on the leather straps and flap, to keep the leather from drying out in the future. I also spray by LP bags with Apple Guard Rain & Stain Repellent!

Great idea...I have plenty of Apple Guard available. Thanks so much for your help! :smile:

Great idea...I have plenty of Apple Guard available. Thanks so much for your help! :smile:
You're very welcome!!! Also, you might want to call Sandspoint and ask if they would exchange it since it arrived very wrinkled. Which means it possibly was a return. I ordered the black LLH LP a few months ago from Nordies and it was folded, but not wrinkled.

You're very welcome!!! Also, you might want to call Sandspoint and ask if they would exchange it since it arrived very wrinkled. Which means it possibly was a return. I ordered the black LLH LP a few months ago from Nordies and it was folded, but not wrinkled.
I did email Sands Point, but in the meantime, I've about decided to exchange it.

Thank you, everyone, for your input, much appreciated! :woohoo:
I got a reply from Sands Point, and I'm exchanging the bag. I'm fairly new to Longchamp...I've had three experiences with Sands Point Shop, and have always found them to be most accommodating.