WOW! Ripped off by Saks Fifth Avenue. Marc by Marc Jacobs

Fullcloset

Mar 2, 2016
I was shopping at the Saks discount store and saw a nice MJM bag they had on clearance for $250 so I bought it. The tag said Italian calfskin leather on the outside - but once I got it home and looked inside - it had tags that said made in China and new material - VINYL. So I guess if Saks can play the old switcharoo - online seems as safe as anything. Now I have to go back with it and hope they'll do the right thing and straighten it out. Actually, I didn't even think MJM bags were available anymore.

Attachments

• HPIM3408.JPG
    HPIM3408.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 291
  • HPIM3409.JPG
    HPIM3409.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 289
  • HPIM3411.JPG
    HPIM3411.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 288
Did you mean to show the tag indicating vinyl? Or are you inferring that "new material" means vinyl? Because it could refer to the lining of the bag. Please show what it is that's upsetting you.

I second this. If there is an inner tag it may be for the lining of the bag (my MBMJ bags have a fabric lining/ leather exterior, it's standard for his bags I believe).

MBMJ leather is amazingly soft and I'm sure you would have noticed upon touching it if it wasn't genuine leather...? Is that your concern?

With regards to your final point, while MBMJ was supposed to be discontinued, I am pretty sure it has actually become a discounted/ made-for-factory line as there are still a lot of MBMJ bags on the market. I've seen them on Saks off 5th as well as Nordstrom Rack. The main MJ line is what sells at a higher price point in retail stores exclusively now.

Hope you are able to feel some comfort after addressing the issue with Saks and that the bag is indeed what you wanted it to be. :smile: