Would you spend from the beauty boutique just to get a GWP?

Kuro-Kuma

Nov 5, 2023
Hi!

I'm not a chanel beauty user but I love the Christmas decor/gifts that comes with the season. I was notified that I can get a gift with purchase if I spend $1,500 (image attached)

My question is:
1) is it worth it if I don't use the brand but like the gift?

2) what would your recommend buying to add up to $1,500?

This year's gift is so gorgeous but at the same time I have no idea what I would buy. I'm not against the idea of their skincare or makeup, I don't typically wear a lot of makeup and recently bought their pouch set with the eyeshadow and lipstick

Any insight would be greatly appreciated 🙏😄
1000008420.png

Reactions: Loriad
I don't know anyone who uses their beauty line... I just like the snow globe but 1500 feels a bit steep to get it so I'm on the fence..

I've spent $$ on big beauty brands like la mer and Valmont etc..but I honestly don't see any of the benefits they claim their cream can do

Wondering if anyone on the forum use chanel and have feedback on their skincare line or makeup line

I'm also not huge on their scent.. it's a bit strong for me so fragrance is out of the question

Thanks everyone! you're right it seems a bit dumb to obsess over a snow globe when I don't really care for the product

Appreciate your thoughts :heart: I have a really bad case of indecisiveness 😓

I am a bit of a skincare nerd :biggrin: - I have used all brands you can imagine (Augustinus Bader, La Mer, Charlotte Tilbury, Valmont, La Prairie, ... you name it - I probably tried it :smile: )
With that being said, while Chanel is definitely not one of the best, there are a few decent prodcts in their La Llft and Hydra Beauty Line - of course, depending on your skintype/concerns. Also, I really like their Holiday Makeup line with the beautiful highlighters. The unisex perfumes are okay too, maybe as presents (even for men!

I am a bit of a skincare nerd :biggrin: - I have used all brands you can imagine (Augustinus Bader, La Mer, Charlotte Tilbury, Valmont, La Prairie, ... you name it - I probably tried it :smile: )
With that being said, while Chanel is definitely not one of the best, there are a few decent prodcts in their La Llft and Hydra Beauty Line - of course, depending on your skintype/concerns. Also, I really like their Holiday Makeup line with the beautiful highlighters. The unisex perfumes are okay too, maybe as presents (even for men!
Omg! I need to pick your brain!!!
I still don't have a go to skincare line...currently using a private Swiss brand from the spa I go to but could def use recommendations as I'm also out ...hence why I was considering chanel skincare

I asked the chanel SA to give me some recommendations and she was pushing for the sublimage line. I tried their sample before and felt it was too heavy for my skin but it does have a nice smell

Any specific go to items you think is worth the $? Tia! 🙏🙏🙏

I'm a frequent Chanel buyer and use several of their beauty products.
For me, their Sublimage crème works for my needs. But this is really something personal, depending on your skin/needs. Perhaps it's best to visit their boutique to try/see some of the products. For cleansing I love their La Mousse which turns into a foam when using water. It gives my face a soft feeling.
As for makeup, I don't know if you like lipsticks? I use 31 Le Rouge and while it is definitely the most expensive lipstick I ever bought, I do like it. It is long lasting for me and hydrates my lips. But again, this is something really personal. I know many people who will refuse to spend that $$ on a lipstick which I totally understand, but when they offered the coffret set with wooden Chanel box, I splurged. No regrets.
I also tried Coco Baume, but that honestly doesn't do much for my lips. Tried their mascara and eyeliner as well. I like the eyeliner (but I think you can also find a nice one from other brands). The mascara is ok, I have a mascara from another brand which I honestly like much more.
If you use highlighters and you don't mind a bit of shimmer, perhaps you can look into one from their holiday collection. Same goes for their eyeshadow palette for the holidays. Parure Baroque from their Byzance collection might be an option as well, a great palette for the holidays IMO.

I received my Chanel snow globe a few weeks ago and I love it. However, I would not spend that amount of money on products if I wouldn't use or like them. Only buy what you love and what works for you.
Also, I wouldn't recommend to buy a snow globe on the second hand market unless you know someone who is an expert in authenticating snow globes. There are many, many fakes floating around.
Hope this helps a bit, good luck :flowers:!

Reactions: Kuro-Kuma
Omg! I need to pick your brain!!!
I still don't have a go to skincare line...currently using a private Swiss brand from the spa I go to but could def use recommendations as I'm also out ...hence why I was considering chanel skincare

I asked the chanel SA to give me some recommendations and she was pushing for the sublimage line. I tried their sample before and felt it was too heavy for my skin but it does have a nice smell

Any specific go to items you think is worth the $? Tia! 🙏🙏🙏
I’ve been using their No 1 de Chanel revitalizing serum for the past couple years and love it! The revitalizing cream is nice as well, but I’ve found it to be too heavy for my skin in the summer (so I switch to using it in the winter); for the summer/warmer months, I use the Le Lift and it works well for my skin.

Reactions: Kuro-Kuma
I'm a frequent Chanel buyer and use several of their beauty products.
For me, their Sublimage crème works for my needs. But this is really something personal, depending on your skin/needs. Perhaps it's best to visit their boutique to try/see some of the products. For cleansing I love their La Mousse which turns into a foam when using water. It gives my face a soft feeling.
As for makeup, I don't know if you like lipsticks? I use 31 Le Rouge and while it is definitely the most expensive lipstick I ever bought, I do like it. It is long lasting for me and hydrates my lips. But again, this is something really personal. I know many people who will refuse to spend that $$ on a lipstick which I totally understand, but when they offered the coffret set with wooden Chanel box, I splurged. No regrets.
I also tried Coco Baume, but that honestly doesn't do much for my lips. Tried their mascara and eyeliner as well. I like the eyeliner (but I think you can also find a nice one from other brands). The mascara is ok, I have a mascara from another brand which I honestly like much more.
If you use highlighters and you don't mind a bit of shimmer, perhaps you can look into one from their holiday collection. Same goes for their eyeshadow palette for the holidays. Parure Baroque from their Byzance collection might be an option as well, a great palette for the holidays IMO.

I received my Chanel snow globe a few weeks ago and I love it. However, I would not spend that amount of money on products if I wouldn't use or like them. Only buy what you love and what works for you.
Also, I wouldn't recommend to buy a snow globe on the second hand market unless you know someone who is an expert in authenticating snow globes. There are many, many fakes floating around.
Hope this helps a bit, good luck :flowers:!
This is very helpful thank you!!! 😊

I was always curious about their coco Baum! but I trust your review so I think I'm not gonna bother trying that one.... Same with the mascara and line liner... I just ran out and thought that could be something I get but there's so many brands like you said, if it's only mediocre I'll pass on those

Only item I would get is prob the skin care line..I have normal skin with oily T zone and during winter I do get super dry ... Sometimes it's frustrating cause I've tried so many brands but haven't found my go to 🥲 small hope chanel would be as good as they claim.. They only have me sublimage sample and didn't bother explaining their other lines so I think I'll have to investigate a bit as it seems most ppl like the other lines

I would never buy the globe second hand cause there's just too many knock offs and there's no way I can tell...

Reactions: **Chanel**
This is very helpful thank you!!! 😊

I was always curious about their coco Baum! but I trust your review so I think I'm not gonna bother trying that one.... Same with the mascara and line liner... I just ran out and thought that could be something I get but there's so many brands like you said, if it's only mediocre I'll pass on those

Only item I would get is prob the skin care line..I have normal skin with oily T zone and during winter I do get super dry ... Sometimes it's frustrating cause I've tried so many brands but haven't found my go to 🥲 small hope chanel would be as good as they claim.. They only have me sublimage sample and didn't bother explaining their other lines so I think I'll have to investigate a bit as it seems most ppl like the other lines

I would never buy the globe second hand cause there's just too many knock offs and there's no way I can tell...
You're welcome, finding the right products that suits our needs can be quite a journey.

If you have the option to visit the boutique, I would do that just to browse around and perhaps try some of their products. Look for a nice SA, a SA who takes time for you to evaluate your skin/ needs and recommend the right products. Did you try the Sublimage sample?

As for Coco Baume, you could always try it on when visiting a boutique. What doesn't work for me, might works for you and vice versa 😉.