Would you sell a bag your DH/SO gave you?

DH knows better than to guess on my taste in bags :P However, I did just go through the same thing with electronics. I asked and got an iPod shuffle when we were dating for my birthday. Recently, I have been looking around for something that will play video during long plane rides, and my birthday is coming up. He asked if I would like the Nano, and I said no, because then my shuffle would be useless. He suggested ebaying it, and I said "I just can't sell a gift you gave me." He hugged me and said "it's only an object, you still have the gift giver."

He suggested ebaying it, and I said "I just can't sell a gift you gave me." He hugged me and said "it's only an object, you still have the gift giver."

AWWW that's so sweet!!!!

Seriously :love::heart:

I was re-thinking my above response after I realized he gave her (the orig. poster) cash to buy the bag. I think I might be ok with selling it then. It's the things my husband picks out for me that mean a lot. Cash is just cash

I would NEVER get rid of anything that my husband gives me! Somehow I would find the room to keep it! Just my 2 cents. (and I've been married to him for 25 years now) :heart::love:

Yes. I have done it. DH and I both agree that if we are not using something, or are not into the style anymore, unload it. He does the same thing with golf clubs!

I would never sell a purse my DH gave me. Or anything for that matter. Men can be very strange about gifts. DH and I have been together over 20 years. I still have some of the clothes he gave me back in the '80s when we were dating. I loved them once, but admittedly they are out of fashion now and don't quite fit like they used to, but he still asks me why I don't wear them regularly and when I suggest that maybe it's time to slip them into a Goodwill box he freaks and accuses me of being ungrateful. Reminding him it's only stuff does not sooth his sense of indignation at the prospect of Goodwilling them. So they hang in the closet and probably will till the day I die.

Back about a dozen years ago he bought me a canvas purse at Wal-mart for about $10. Whenever I buy a new purse he bristles "What about that purse I bought you at Wal-mart? Why can't you carry that?" I remind him that I do carry it in the summer, and I do still love it and I am grateful to him for buying it for me, but I can't carry it all the time because it's a canvas sack and it has big daisies on it, but he still doesn't understand. Not at all. :woohoo:

Men are strange about gifts. You have to be very careful.

I'm usually very sentimental about gifts, but I have a Kooba that my hubby gave me for our anniversary (that I begged for ) that I NEVER have carried and doubt I ever will. I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of it just to make room in my closet for a bag I really love! My husband's exchanged all kinds of gifts I've given him, and although it hurt at the beginning, I realized I'd rather he like what he has instead of just keeping it to keep it. I do the same thing now, within reason. I'd never exchange big purchases he's made for me, but to me a bag (unless it's really expensive) doesn't fall into that category!

No no no... even if I never carry it, when I look at it I just think it's beautiful that he went through the trouble to get me it. Women like my mother can only wish my father gives her even just a flower... he doesn't give her anything and they don't celebrate anniversaries! So I am TOO lucky to even get a bag I think.

I ever sold them but I asked him first. I wouldn't sell any bags he gave me on any special day but those bags which he bought me with no any special occasion, I could.

Its special enough that he actually manages to get himself to a good store (not a sports store) and buy me something nice! So no I dont think I would.

He's not very good with bags but he is great with diamonds!!

x