Would you put non-Pandora beads on your Pandora bracelet?

Pandora has plenty of color, bling and themes. I don't like BIG charms. I like the smaller heavy charms that Pandora and other companies make.

I wish Pandora had more Murano choices. I think their glass beads are kind of boring - flowers and stripes & more flowers and stripes. It's too bad that other companies don't thread their glass beads. I don't like non-threaded beads, so I stick with Pandora for glass.

I know many glass artists who make beads to fit Pandora bracelets. Many of them are STUNNING, since they are made my true lampwork artists across the globe.

The Murano beads Pandora sells are mass-produced in China, as it's impossible to keep the costs down to produce so many world-wide. They're called "murano" beads only b/c they use Italian glass from Murano Italy (which is inexpensive), but the bead itself is NOT Italian nor is it made in Italy

I know many glass artists who make beads to fit Pandora bracelets. Many of them are STUNNING, since they are made my true lampwork artists across the globe.

The Murano beads Pandora sells are mass-produced in China, as it's impossible to keep the costs down to produce so many world-wide. They're called "murano" beads only b/c they use Italian glass from Murano Italy (which is inexpensive), but the bead itself is NOT Italian nor is it made in Italy

Not made in Murano? That's a deceptive practice. I don't like hearing that.

I have two bracelets that I add beads to. One is Pandora and I do add other beads to both. Sadly, I didn't know not to put the siver antiqued beads in jewelry cleaner and I stripped all of the black of of them. I know :sad: stupid thing to do.
Does anyone have an idea on how I could get the black back into the crevices?

I have two bracelets that I add beads to. One is Pandora and I do add other beads to both. Sadly, I didn't know not to put the siver antiqued beads in jewelry cleaner and I stripped all of the black of of them. I know :sad: stupid thing to do.
Does anyone have an idea on how I could get the black back into the crevices?

On the main Pandora thread someone posted a couple of months ago about how to re-oxidize beads. Seems to me it involved boiling an egg with the beads. Check there. I am on my way out the door, but if you cannot find it, I will look for the thread tonight.

hey all..A little help needed.

I usually mix and match Pandora and Chamilia. I like beads from both brands. My base bracelet is Pandora and recently out of the two similar looking Chamilia beads, one refuses to fit in the Bracelet. Any suggestion/tips etc as to what I can do to make it fit..is there any way to slightly increase the 'hole' of the beads??

hey all..A little help needed.

I usually mix and match Pandora and Chamilia. I like beads from both brands. My base bracelet is Pandora and recently out of the two similar looking Chamilia beads, one refuses to fit in the Bracelet. Any suggestion/tips etc as to what I can do to make it fit..is there any way to slightly increase the 'hole' of the beads??

Could you perhaps return to the shop and change the bead for another? Perhaps the hole sizes vary?

Otherwise maybe take your bracelet with you whenever you shop for beads?

I'd be very wary of altering the beads in any way.

I agree with Splurgeface, I'd take it back to the store and see about getting it exchanged. I wouldn't recommend altering the bead either - if it's done improperly it could destroy your bracelet! I hope they can help you!

On the main Pandora thread someone posted a couple of months ago about how to re-oxidize beads. Seems to me it involved boiling an egg with the beads. Check there. I am on my way out the door, but if you cannot find it, I will look for the thread tonight.

I could not find the thread, but I googled re-oxidation with eggs and found that it's pretty easy to do! wikiHow and Etsy tell how to do it. I'm going to try it soon - hope it works. Thanks so much for your reply!

could I see someones bracelet clasp open.. is there a magnet in there?

I don't have my bracelet w me right one but there I'd no magnet... U just feet the small end into the other end there isnlike a ridge that holdsnit in place then u clip it shut. It is v secure while allowing give for the bracelet to carry the weight of the charms it is v easy to get on and off of your wrist

This is my first posting to this site but I have been reading it for days! I am new to Pandora and am completely obsessed with it! I have almost filled a bracelet and am having such a good time with it. I love the Chinese eternity and blessing beads but since they are retired they are out of my price range so I found good 925 silver copies and bought them on ebay. If I really like a bead and it's not Pandora I would still buy it. I love all the pictures of all of your beautiful bracelets!

Agree with Contessa, there are fantastic one-of-a-kind art beads available for these bracelets created by independent SRA glass artists that make all the standard beads look boring.

I am not a Pandora purist, though I have three Pandora bracelets including the gold clasp one. I do follow a couple rules for caring for the bracelets. I use only Pandora clips on the dividers, and I stick with SS or GP in terms of metals. Also, I never force a bead onto the bracelet. If it won't go on smoothly, it doesn't get worn on a Pandora. I have other SS snake bracelets I can wear them on.

I am an artist and a color junkie and have two huge bead boxes full of charms, spacers and artisan glass beads in every color/color combination imaginable, which allows me to essentially have a custom color coordinated bracelet for any clothing I might wear. I do have few Pandora charm beads, but honestly, I don't care for the screw on system with them at all, and if I can find a charm for the theme I want that is by another manufacturer that does not have the screw system. I am all over it!

This is my dog show good luck bracelet. It's a non Pandora band, though I have worn these exact same beads on a Pandora.
http://http://www.thedollpage.com/photopost/data/13028/Bellebead_001.jpg

It's loaded with custom beads. The center bead is a memorial bead made by an artist. It contains some of my deceased mothers ashes and makes me feel close to her. It is flanked by custom photo beads I get from a private maker, the 1st place ribbon is Pandora, the rest are SS, GP and a couple wood and resin beads. This is just one of many combinations I might create and wear on any given day.

Half the fun of these bracelets is being able to customize as you see fit, so fallow a few precautions for bracelet care, have fun and do what you want!
Posted via Mobile Device