Would you like Chanel WOC more if there was a turnlock opening like the classic flap?

You described the process of closing a woc perfectly! Lol I still love the bag so much that I'm willing to settle for this feature, but I simply don't understand why a $2,100 bag would come with a snap closure. I doubt it would cost Chanel much to put the classic turn lock. Oh well.

I get what you're saying, but it could be because Chanel considers the WOC as a wallet and not a bag.

I've had my WOC almost 3 days. I find the snap somewhat irritating! I'd love a turn key opening. I often am shuffling the top of my WOC around trying to get it in the right spot to click in....

I had the same issue initially when my WOC was new. Once the leather starts to form/curve a little from use it will be an easy snap.
I just recently started using my WOC several times a week after having it for over a year and LOVE it! (Was only using it for special events) Now, it's sorta broken in and is just wonderful. So now of of course it needs a twin!

Congrats on you WOC !

Reactions: Pandoravuitton
I think it depends how you want to use woc.
If it's an under-the-coat, rougher weather/city commuter choice, turnlock might snag on things? As wallet inside another bag, might snag things, also.
If it's wanted as an evening clutch or just classy small bag, turnlock would look better, imo.

I chose 2 mulberry bayswater clutch wallets instead of a chanel woc. As they have postman locks, not snaps.
Just a matter of preference & use needs, imo.

Some of the woc leather colors & designs are very artistic, though. :smile:

Great thread!!

YES, I would totally prefer a turnlock!

Actually, the missing turnlock closure is what keeps me from bying a WOC.

I do not like a snap closure on a bag (and I want to use it as a bag wearing it crossbody rather than as a wallet). Thus, I bought the cute DIor promenade pouch having the same closure as her bis sisters.

Hope, that Chanel will hear us, I would be on at an instant :smile::smile:

I think it depends how you want to use woc.
If it's an under-the-coat, rougher weather/city commuter choice, turnlock might snag on things? As wallet inside another bag, might snag things, also.
If it's wanted as an evening clutch or just classy small bag, turnlock would look better, imo.

I chose 2 mulberry bayswater clutch wallets instead of a chanel woc. As they have postman locks, not snaps.
Just a matter of preference & use needs, imo.

Some of the woc leather colors & designs are very artistic, though. :smile:

This is a good point. I wear mine under my coat often and it is so slim and easy to fit without snagging on anything. I quite like that about my WOC.

This.

The name says it all: wallet-on-chain. Chanel doesn't use the turnlock on wallets, probably since buttons take up less space inside bags and won't dent other items.

I know that by definition it is a wallet, but I can definitely fit a lot more in my WOC than I can in any other regular wallet I have owned. Your comment about how the button prevents dents and saves space is a good point.

Resurrecting a dead thread but just FYI Chanel now apparently makes WOCs with the turnlock! Someone posted in the WOC thread a reissue woc with a real turnlock.

I have a hard time snapping the button closed if the WOC isn't really full of stuff as the leather bends and I feel like I'm smashing the poor quilting down, so I'm pleased the reissue at least has the lock option now.

I can confirm that there is now one WOC that uses a real turn lock. I had been hoping for a long time to see this and it is here for SS 2016. Seasonal item, only available in aged calfskin (or so the SA told me) also has an aged effect to the gold hardware. I am completely in love and finally own my first Chanel!