would you go for a love bangle or a cartier watch?

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
I was curious to hear your thoughts.

What would you prefer if you could only get one for a while? This purchase won't happen for a while itself because I have my eye on a diamond piece from Tiffanys I wanted for a while but I'm curious Cartier veterans and Cartier admirers... which would you go for first?

A YG or RG love bangle
A cartier balloon bleu in silver.

Which would you choose?

I have a michelle silver diamond round caber and a vca MOP on my way. I got the michelle caber to see if I'd like that type of style and I think it made me appreciate the balloon even more than I already would have liked it. And after seeing the love and how its stood the test of time on mom's of friend's I have-- that made me appreciate it more than just seeing it in person as well.

Last edited:
I've always wanted a tank watch! I went through a love period and now Im over it and on to the watch love. Going to sit on it for a little while though, like a year and see if Im still as mad about it. I know prices keep going up but Im going to be patient on the second hand market.

I went for the Love bracelet since my first watch choice was Rolex, but I do love how the ss BB looks (alot!) and might get it one day..

Well, big price difference if you go with the YG watch. And I'm no help because i adore both of these pieces. It seems, though, that the price of love bracelets goes up up up all the time, where watch prices seem more constant.

Well, big price difference if you go with the YG watch. And I'm no help because i adore both of these pieces. It seems, though, that the price of love bracelets goes up up up all the time, where watch prices seem more constant.
I accidently cut out without realizing that I typed "balloon bleu SS or a vintage tank YG (would have to be preowned precisely for how you noted above about its price point) sorry about that!

ALthough I will say if I could I would get a YG balloon bleu first and foremost but that won't be in the cards for a long time. I do like the look of the tank but my heart goes more for the BB

I would get the BB, just because I love that watch! I have been wanting one forever seems like. I don't have any luxury watch, I only have one everyday Michele Deco and I think the round cartier would be a great addition for me.

I would prefer to get the Cartier watch as I have two on my wish list currently! I think you should get whatever you are more obsessed with, that's what I do, I rank my wants in order of how 'desperate' I feel for it. I'm going for a two tone watch first so that I can at least feel put together when I'm wearing YG jewelry since it will go with both.

BTW I love reading your threads. You always are asking interesting things.

I think I prefer the love just because I love the sentiment. Whether a gift to empower and love yourself, or a gift from someone else - it is so meaningful (and like you said ...stands the test of time!). But then again - a beautiful watch is appealing because it serves a purpose and looks absolutely stunning !