Would you ever pay (almost) 1K for boots?

Karen5000

Jul 3, 2007
So i've been looking and looking for the perfect flat black boots. For almost 3 seasons now. I have 14.7 in calves and skinny ankles, so it's impossible for me to find boots that hold structure on the bottom. I hate the look of slouchy scrunched boots. (I get there is always a bit..but I had a lot).

The boots are good quality leather and comfortable. (Many lower end boots i find look really cheapy). Needless to say, i finally found a pair of boots I was 'wowed' by, but the catch? $895! I know they are classic and I will wear them for years to come, which makes me actually consider spending this absurd amount of money on boots.

However, then again, i have never spent over $380 on a pair of shoes (and that was for a pair of boots as well). Most my shoes fall within 100-200 range (mid-HE shoes, all on sale). These boots that I want are only available on two websites, and on the one website have sold out in all but a size 7, on the other a 37 and 38 remain. (NAP...but NAP discounts after ages..). So my question is, should I just go for it? Or should I just wait on something more reasonably priced next year, when perhaps workmanship is better and there are more options out there? Do you think quality will continue to decrease for a while? I almost feel like there are no mid-low end options that work for me, which is why i've had to go high end, because they have not decreased their quality! And make boots that actually hold structure and are not thin leather that is flimsy and falls over.

Torn Pls help!

Yes! And I don't regret it ever. I bought a pair of Fendi deer skin boots pretty much the first day it came out, and I have been wearing them almost every day last winter, and so far almost every day this year too. They are durable, simple and just really well-made boots, and I am SO glad I have bought them, even though they are expensive. So I vote for quality! :tup:

I say buy them. I have the opposite problem (in that my calves are too large for most boots), and I have to say the moment I find ones that I love and that fit I'm going to buy them no matter what the cost! If you know you will wear them a lot it is not a splurge, it's an investment.

I would say go for it. You can wear boots for multiple years...I have some that I've worn for five years. If you treat them well, they will treat you well. You've been looking for 3 years...=)

And as kittenslingerie said, which ones are they? Pict? would be fun to see!

Yes, I have bought $$ boots. That said, I have never bought trendy style boots. I usually wear mine every winter. So, if you find a pr that has the wow factor then go for it. Just don't splurge on anything else.

go go go! the boots you're describing sound like classics . . . if you pass them up it will bother you forever . . . i'm still kicking myself for not buying the graffiti CL's when i had them in my hand!! (>(oo)<)