Would you even donate old Louboutins?

I think I would, especially the basics (black simple, etc) when I felt like it was time to go ahead and buy a new pair. In the end, they are shoes and if it would help another woman feel better about herself in a job interview (Dress for Success) then I would be happy to donate them. I generally go through all of my clothes once a season and get rid of the things I haven't worn in a while and that includes me shoes. Of course, there are some that I do have a sentimental attachement too and probably couldn't let loose of!

I donate money and occasionally time to my chosen charities. I have given many designer shoes to friends and family, but I wouldn't donate any designer shoes. I'd prefer sell them and give the money to charity. But to each their own and its still a nice idea.

If I wanted to donate that way, I think I'd sell the pair and donate the proceeds.

I agree that with lots of the ladies, I've donated a LOT over the years, but nothing designer.

I would rather give them to a friend or sell them on e-bay. The only reason I say this is that very often when you donate items, the "brand name" is not appreciated. They have never heard of the designer, and they do not appreciate them the way someone else might. I would rather sell them cheaply on e-bay to someone who would love to own a pair and can't afford to buy them new. My daughter and I are members of National Charity League (a mother/daughter philanthropic organization) and one of our philanthropies is Working Wardrobes. I haven't come across any Louboutins yet!

i prefer to 'donate' to fashion-conscious friends who might love CLs but are still in school, working entry-level positions, etc.

no tax break, but i love that i still get to see the former babies once in a while, KWIM? it's always a lovely surprise when one of my friends wears an item i gave her when we hang out - it's like a little reunion! (^(oo)^)v

I am afraid to say that no i wouldnt donate my CL's to charity. Like piggy, i would prefer to donate to a friend who perhaps couldnt afford a pair.

I donate old clothing & non high end designer shoes to charity about 3 times a year (after spring cleaning the closet) and i also donate money monthly to a certain charity close to home.

I wouldn't donate them to charity (as it will be more than likely that someone from the charity will end up helping themselves to them), and I would be very, very careful about giving them to a friend. Depends who the friend is and what kind of friendship we have. People can be very funny about things. I've had bad friendships, so I'd be cautious.