Would you buy a mini flap that needs to be reconditioned or refurbished?

tinazach

Jan 7, 2008
I have a chance to purchase a White Caviar Mini Flap w/GH for $400, but...the leather stitching on the chain has become loose/unraveled in some places, the purse is dirty on the edges & a little on the inside. The overall condition of the mini flap is good, it's just dirty... Below is a picture from the seller.

I'm sure sending it out to Chanel & getting it refurbished/reconditioned would bring it back to life, but I'm just not sure. I've read so many threads regarding the mini flap & Chanel refurbishing or reconditioning...I'm torn. It sounds like the mini flap is up there in price now & white isn't very common, so it may be a good investment.

What do you think ~ 'GET IT' or "WALK AWAY?'

Attachments

• chanel.jpg
    chanel.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 119
In this case, it wouldn't be $400 anymore, i personally won't buy it unless you've been wanting it forever and couldn't find any better :idea:

Depends on how much use it would get. The chains can be replaced by Chanel. And as for cleaning -- it's caviar so perhaps a DIY cleaning would work. Check with Chanel re cost of replacing the chain and the cost for cleaning. (Go back and ask yourself the use question and be honest. And you did run it by the authentication crew, right?)

Depends on how much use it would get. The chains can be replaced by Chanel. And as for cleaning -- it's caviar so perhaps a DIY cleaning would work. Check with Chanel re cost of replacing the chain and the cost for cleaning. (Go back and ask yourself the use question and be honest. And you did run it by the authentication crew, right?)

I honestly have no idea how much use I would get out of it. I was thinking I would use it running errands, shopping w/the kids, little league, etc. since it could be worn messenger style. Something smaller than my M/L flap ~ grab it & go kind of thing. I did post for authenticity, read the tips thread & saw the purse IRL.

I called Chanel-Nordstrom & talked to Danny...Reconditioning $270 / Refurbish $110. That would bring the actual purchase to about $670 at most...

I wouldn't get it just because it's a good deal, but if it's something you actually see yourself using often and are willing to wait the time it will take for the repairs to be done, then you should go for it!

If you're in a climate w/4 seasons, it's summer use only. If you are in southern Cal, Miami etc. where the warm season is much longer, then it would make sense. For the uses you mentioned, a WOC or an e/w are great grab and go purses, very light weight, easy to carry and versatile, but also more $$. I use my e/w daily but I work at home so most of my runs are errand type runs. The true measure do you love, love it And is it it good value for the $.

It looks pretty cute, but for me, I will passed and waiting for next deal.
You will always find a better one, they might be more expensive but when you get that, you can totally relax and enjoy the bag.