Would you bid or not?

Littlemidori

Jan 8, 2010
I've found a bag on eBay that I'm really interested but haven't put in a bid yet because I want to have it authenticated first. According to the photos on the listing and additional few photos from the seller Addy said no red flags so far BUT pending a clearer and more in focus photo of the interior heat stamp and photo indicating where the date code is located. The seller said the date code is imprinted, no printed, at the top corner of the interior pocket and not easy to see not to mention photographing it. Addy said she still needs to see a photo indicating the location just to be sure.

I've requested these two photos for a couple days now and haven't heard anything back and the auction is ending today. What would you do if you were me? Should I bid if I don't get these two photos from the seller? Thanks a lot for your opinions on this.

Btw, no return for this item unless the seller misrepresented the product, says on the listing.

Ebay covers you with buyer's protection if you receive something that is not as described. You just open a case and it's a no brainer. I just did it with a non LV item last night. Go for it if it's affordable and exactly what you want. If it's a fake, you will win, get all your money back + the shipping to you and back to the seller. I am a big buyer and seller on Ebay (11 years now....) and I've never had a problem.

lovethe1urwith said:
Ebay covers you with buyer's protection if you receive something that is not as described. You just open a case and it's a no brainer. I just did it with a non LV item last night. Go for it if it's affordable and exactly what you want. If it's a fake, you will win, get all your money back + the shipping to you and back to the seller. I am a big buyer and seller on Ebay (11 years now....) and I've never had a problem.

But can't the seller claim that bag is not the one they sent?

I always say if in doubt follow your instincts. It still a major aggravation to return something. Could take up to 45 days to get your money back. Let's us know what you decide!

Agreed!!

Return shipping is NOT covered if your item is fake. You will only get your purchase price and initial shipping fees back. If the seller is really nice they might pay it, but for a really expensive bag I doubt it. PayPal requires you to return the item at your expense.

I've trusted my instincts and LV knowledge and purchased several items before getting them authenticated and they were all fine. If you are new to LV and don't know what to look for I'd say wait until you hear back from the seller. The fact they have haven't responded is a bad sign if you do end up having problems with the bag...