Would you alter the chain length on your medium classic flap?

Nov 28, 2010
Hi, I bought the medium classic flap in 2017 and never used one time, I think it’s because the leather chain being too short I just don’t feel comfortable wearing it no matter wear it single chain or double chain, so I would like to make the chain a little bit longer but also afraid it will lose it’s original look. What do you think?

I would and I did. I have a small vintage black lambskin flap that I really wanted to wear crossbody at times. Mark Balian at LeatherPros did an amazing job, adding vintage chain and leather. Flawless. I’ll never sell, and the bag has to work for me. I would hate to not wear it over a correctable issue.
If you think you’ll ever sell, keep in mind that you are making an alteration that a future buyer may not like.

I would personally never alter the length of any of my bags as I do feel it changes the original look. However I have seen many people talk about doing this through leather surgeons on this forum over the years so it’s certainly possible. Will you definitely still like it once the length has been altered? As once you do this it will be harder to sell in the future. What about trying a different bag altogether that can be worn crossbody like a mini - the proportions lend itself better to be worn crossbody.

Reactions: baghagg