Would this scratch on vachetta bother you on a brand new bag?

CoffeeKiss

Oct 6, 2015
429FB4FD-D420-4B95-8262-6D195761F488.jpeg I really try not to be nit picky about my bags, but I just got my new bag in the mail yesterday and it is perfect minus this, what I believe to be, fingernail scratch on the handle. It curves down like a backward ‘S.’

I’m worried about there being a permanent mark that’s visible even after the patina process starts.

Keep or exchange? Am I overreacting?

Sometimes things are more noticeable irl than the pics. And this is my first bag and I spent $2,000, so I definitely looked closely since I ordered online and couldn’t see the bag. But thanks.

Sometimes things are more noticeable irl than the pics. And this is my first bag and I spent $2,000, so I definitely looked closely since I ordered online and couldn’t see the bag. But thanks.
Didn’t mean to offend you. I guess I just buy stuff without inspecting.
Considering the cost, and your very first LV bag, I would call them and ask for an exchange.

I completely understand. It's just that we get SO many of these types of posts on here that it's become a joke. I'm not a nitpicker when it comes to my bags and don't go over them with a fine tooth comb, but YES that would bother me. If I were in the store and they pulled that one out for me, I'd ask to see another.

Reactions: Kayceedee88
Thanks girls. I knew I was being annoying by asking even as I was typing it, but I have never had a bag patina and was unsure if it’d turn into a dark spot on the vachetta. I’ll see if they have another in my local boutique, but if they don’t, I’ll keep this one. :heart:

Reactions: Johnpauliegal